Fast Food Appreciation

chronoaug

This couldn't have happened even 2 years ago though, without the In n Out expansion.

Shake Shack shackburgers are greasy little motherfuckers, I will give them that, but In n Out wins over SS because they're both pretty boy burgers, but In n Out has the leafed iceberg, and the raw onion slices, and dill chips to cut through the beef and cheese grease, and doesn't have like 130 grams of fat in a single. In n Out is a true lunch burger. It's light in the hand, stays pretty crisp and clean, has a beefy flavor still, and remains a hamburger sandwich, which to me is what they should be like, some sort of kinship to the roots. Smashing a lot of soggy bun and beef and cheese together doesn't make for a burger experience, IMO.

Mos Burger is alright, but it's the Mos Burger single and the Chicken sandwich that they do well. All Japanese fast food is on the next level though. Wendy's Japan is back again, but they're starting out in the sticks for now, once they get back into Tokyo it will be the shit. Wendy's Japan might be the best fast food experience I've ever had in my life.

can't rep, but description of in n out burger made me smile, ha.

Please.... elaborate for us.

Alright, I think I've had Wendy's Japan twice, can't remember the first time. They were pretty rare when they were around, like 77 stores in all of the country before.

So me and djrajio and winq were getting our drunk on in Ebisu one night, and we all go get ready to go home, and then me and winq hit up some burgers as we often tended to do (ate some In n Out with winq a few weeks ago actually)

We turn the corner and Wendy's is there in front of the station, it's like 3 or 4am, we're nicely drunk, go in, nobody inside. Suddenly I hear somebody scream 'Irrashaimase!!!' and I look and suddenly a legitimate staff has appeared behind the counter, ready to take my order and make my burg.

I go with the Spicy Chicken set, with a Suntory CC Lemon to drink. Takes a while to get it because we were the only people in the store, they dropped the chicken patty and fries on the spot there cuz its 4am and they don't have anything on the line I guess. I get my burg and drink, am instructed to sit down and that they'll bring me fries when they're up. So I do that, and once I sit down, about 30 seconds later, this reasonably cute girl in a visor and the poly Japanese-y uniform comes looking for me with these piping hot fries. Nice smile with the snaggle tooth as she sashays away, back to the greasy hell behind the counter.

I unwrap the sandwich, sit the fries to the side, and I realize I am looking at the most picture perfect Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich meal ever made. It looks exactly like the picture on the menu.

I bite into it, and it comes nothing short of perfection. Hot juicy chicken patty, nicely leafed iceberg, tomato slices that I swear were cut there on the spot with a fucking Shun or something, beautiful mouthfeel. Nice slightly sweet tinge from the Kewpie mayo. Bun was nice and fresh.

Fries were like textbook material - nice crispy shatter on the outside, creamy filling, almost like mashed potatoes. Piping hot, like 150 degrees or something, and a good liberal salting.

They seriously could have not made the food better in the Wendy's secret underground test kitchen, even the people who invented it.

Guest roastedchickenwing

i dont appreciate fast food restaurants. Food is greasy and unhealthy. For the money you pay for your food, might as well treat yourself better by preparing meals at home from grocery ingredients. Haters is going to hate.

i dont appreciate fast food restaurants. Food is greasy and unhealthy. For the money you pay for your food, might as well treat yourself better by preparing meals at home from grocery ingredients. Haters is going to hate.

You can't appreciate greasy, unhealthy things? Your life must suck.

what's it like having to explain to girls that you don't have a cock?

His finger (and whole body) probably winced accidentally over the rep button when he saw Morrissey. roastedchickenwing's misplaced assertion left people reeling pretty hard! Seeing Morrissey is like horror upon horror.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where is that?

That's super expensive if it's in YEN and it's a fast food place.

Alright, I think I've had Wendy's Japan twice, can't remember the first time. They were pretty rare when they were around, like 77 stores in all of the country before.

So me and djrajio and winq were getting our drunk on in Ebisu one night, and we all go get ready to go home, and then me and winq hit up some burgers as we often tended to do (ate some In n Out with winq a few weeks ago actually)

We turn the corner and Wendy's is there in front of the station, it's like 3 or 4am, we're nicely drunk, go in, nobody inside. Suddenly I hear somebody scream 'Irrashaimase!!!' and I look and suddenly a legitimate staff has appeared behind the counter, ready to take my order and make my burg.

I go with the Spicy Chicken set, with a Suntory CC Lemon to drink. Takes a while to get it because we were the only people in the store, they dropped the chicken patty and fries on the spot there cuz its 4am and they don't have anything on the line I guess. I get my burg and drink, am instructed to sit down and that they'll bring me fries when they're up. So I do that, and once I sit down, about 30 seconds later, this reasonably cute girl in a visor and the poly Japanese-y uniform comes looking for me with these piping hot fries. Nice smile with the snaggle tooth as she sashays away, back to the greasy hell behind the counter.

I unwrap the sandwich, sit the fries to the side, and I realize I am looking at the most picture perfect Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich meal ever made. It looks exactly like the picture on the menu.

I bite into it, and it comes nothing short of perfection. Hot juicy chicken patty, nicely leafed iceberg, tomato slices that I swear were cut there on the spot with a fucking Shun or something, beautiful mouthfeel. Nice slightly sweet tinge from the Kewpie mayo. Bun was nice and fresh.

Fries were like textbook material - nice crispy shatter on the outside, creamy filling, almost like mashed potatoes. Piping hot, like 150 degrees or something, and a good liberal salting.

They seriously could have not made the food better in the Wendy's secret underground test kitchen, even the people who invented it.

i had a shrimp burger at the wendy's in azabu juban, it was awesome.