Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@Brucenasty I need to make myself a wallet and I made my buddy a dog collar. I might make a few more belts for some friends too. I'm not very good myself but Im trying!

Got my Black Maria's back from Railcar and I can say that I'm extremely satisfied with the taper job!

pwZnV25.jpg

The waist is still too big because I sized wrong but I think I'll just wear a belt with them right now since I don't feel like taking them to a tailor at the moment. I've been wearing them for at least 4-5 days out of the week since I got them back and I can already see the fabric over the hidden rivets getting worn, as well as the fly. Now I just need a good pair of boots to wear with them. I got some tan suede chelseas that I ordered from Story Et Fall today, but a 42.5 is sadly too small for me so I'll be looking to trade those for chelseas in 43.5 or 44 or I'll sell them. On another note I've started learning how to bboy and, while I'm still pretty bad, I was practicing freezes in them the other day.

IUOvxzl.png

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

@ bruce, pretty cool, the Apollo Theater is amazing, highly recommend it. The performances were very avant garde. One really trippy one that sounded like old Future Sounds of London Dead Cities stuff, dudes running around shirtless in S&M hoods a girl in pain who looked like she was ODing, the main troop was from Amsterdam or Sweden and unsual seeing blonde white guys breaking but they had some sick moves.  Some youngert kids from NY that were pretty bad ass as well. One of the members of the original Rock Steady Crew came up and threw down when they were all battling which was very cool. 

What's going on boys?! I'm thinking about tossing my BMs in for a wash soon. They're getting a little dirty and there's some glitter in them from some of the products I'm using at the salon.

How's the wear coming in for you guys?

Hidden rivets, phone, wallet, and cuffs are noticeably faded from afar. Overall graying in most everywhere, especially in the thighs.

@itschrisb

niiiice keep it up homie! my favorite thing about leatherwork is making things for friends and family. my second favorite thing is actualizing an idea i have for personal use.

when i used to smoke in college i made this wallet-spliff-case-hybrid. ig link

@aanerdyasian

nice baby!! :D air-chair next :D

@left field

girl in pain? D:
one of my life goal's to make it to a Rock Steady anniversary (should do it quick, they gettin up there in the years). the new modern styles and power coming out right now are mind blowing, but there's nothing like the og flavor.

@white washed

just gave my BM's a tub wash last night with some dr. bonners! i wanted to hold off a bit longer but they got pretty dirty over my weekend excursion. there's a small amount of greying, but when i flip em inside out you can see a whole lot of fading

My Indigo Twill Miners. Sz 30 TTS. loooove these. the fit is spot on for me. horn buttons make me feel tingly

Frgx6c2.jpg

CldElJV.jpg

Edited by brucenasty

Mine are coming along pretty good. They're shiny in some areas mostly the thighs. I've worn them everyday since getting them theyre quite possibly my favorite jeans I've had. My only complaint is the front pockets they're really hard to get into and with a belt the coin pocket is almost useless.

I'm glad I sized down on these and suffered through the stretching period.

Side note about coffee and such. I'm considering getting an espresso machine for the house. Anyone recommend me something that won't kill my bank account? I'd like something I can steam milk with too.

@bruce, I agree the NY breakers def had more street cred, atttude is a big factor in style. Some good footage of Rock Steady in Wild Style. I saw one of the original flyers for Rock Steady VS Dynamic Rockers at Lincoln center at the hip hop exhibit in The Museum of NYC, really cool artwork. 

@spork we have 14 oz Cone basic and 16 oz Cone natural indigo cutting this week. 

One month! I've ended up wearing these, idk, four or five days a week.

Not much to report fade-wise. A little grey appearing on seams and hem. I'm surprised my wallet isn't showing. Everything has settled and softened though, and the smell has mostly dissipated. High rise is super comfortable but damn I don't know how these pockets are so tight when the thighs aren't.

It's snowing on the regular in Utah now. I've always gotten in a few days but this will be the first time I've actually lived with this kind of easy access to resorts. So pumped to ride in just two more weeks.

fAWmF1D.jpg

8FPZNut.jpg

@itschrisb ~ Currently wearing my Wolverine Hartmanns! But I've got 2 pairs of boots being made right now!!~

I took a gamble on the Gustin CXLs, and I'm really hoping they come out nicely. But I also have a pair of Truman black waxed flesh coming soonish which I'm really stoked on. They look BEAUTIFUL in every picture I've seen.

Very interested in the Truman boots seeing as they're from PA where I live. My only concern is they aren't work boot enough. It seems like they teeter on that fashion/work line. We will see.

Here's my one month update.  I don't think I said before, but I opted for the Chelsea. These work quite well for my skinny legs, in fact I think they fit perfectly!  I've been getting 5+ days a week since I can wear them at work. 

BC%2BHP%2B033.jpg

You can see the phone outline here, some wear on the first and third buttons down (the second tends to fold in).  Some nice crinkles developing, but no real wear otherwise.

BC%2BHP%2B034.jpg

Yes, I'm wearing sandals and socks.  Don't tell anyone please!

BC%2BHP%2B035.jpg

Some wear on the seam below the left pocket.  More wear here than on the right.

BC%2BHP%2B036.jpg

Wear on the back pocket rivets and back pockets.

NS5%2B008.jpg

Almost a month ago now I got out for the last big day of the season in RMNP.  I spent some time in the Never Summer Range, on the west side of the park- 22 miles and 7800 feet of elevation gain over 16.5 hours all on three hours of sleep the night before.  I was beyond tired!  Pictured is Mount Richthofen, at 12945 feet, the highest peak in the range.

NS5%2B047.jpg

The highlight of the day was a traverse of this ridge between Lead Mountain and Tepee Mountain.  It was pretty stout fourth class and a few hundred feet down on either side.  Definitely a don't fall here place.

BC%2BHP%2B019.jpg

Last week I hiked/ran three more of the Boulder County Peaks, pictured here is Half Nick Peak, 6872 feet as seen from peak 6548.  A shorter but fun day.  I found a deer skull, jawbone, and an elk jawbone which are all soaking to clean up.  I've spent alot of time in the middle of nowhere but haven't ever found a skull before!

Eleanor%2B031.jpg

Last week I headed back to RMNP to climb Sprague Mountain, 12713 feet (the high point to the right of my poles) and Mount Eleanor, 12380 feet.  I was disappointed to see how much snow there was already.  It definitely makes movement more difficult.  Time to break out the snowshoes, at least at the higher elevations.

BC%2BHP%2B029.jpg

We got our first snow of the year today, though it wasn't as much as predicted and has pretty much all melted already.  With this in mind, I headed up to Loveland, Colorado with my Mountain Bike to ride the Devils Backbone trail to Ft. Collins and back yesterday.  It was actually a pretty nice day in the end. 

The Devils Backbone is a pretty neat sandstone geological feature, really eye catching when you drive out of Loveland and see it as a whole.  Pretty cool to take the trails and explore the area around the base of the formations.

What boots are everyone rocking this winter? I'm considering a pair of whites or wescos

I'm in Socal and won't see much snow, but I recently grabbed these Beckman Embossed Mocs lightly used:

RH-09030-1-pdp.jpg

or I've got these Chippewas with a more serious lug, if I do get up into the mountains:

91qHC5piaEL._UX500_.jpg

Hey lefties! I haven't actually posted on sufu in ages, but I wanted to say thanks for all the fits and info shared in this thread. I just got what seem to be one of the last pairs of 18 oz Collect Mills Chelsea--really happy with them, now just waiting on the hem.

I've also got a lightly used pair of green weft Chelseas sz 30 for sale in supermarket. They're awesome, but for how much the fabric seems to stretch I would need to go down another size or two.

i quickly realized that most people live in places that dont require boots haha 

i still cant decide on what to get. I wish i could just get one of each! i guess its just like jeans 

Just got my salt & pepper miner chinos and I really like them! The fit is spot on as usual, very close to my other LF chinos and jeans. The fabric feels great and has a real heft to it. This chino is aptly called "workwear" in that it feels like it could take a beating, yet it also could work well in the office and on more "dressy" occasions.

Hey Chris:

For what it's worth, I love my White's (I have several pairs). They are well made, tough, and look great. Best of all for me is the support they provide - I can wear them all day standing and moving about but my legs and feet remain feeling great. Depending on your needs, the semi-dress boot is a great compromise between a work boot and a boot that can be used in casual/dress situations (hence its name). Get a pair in brown or black dress leather and you have a boot that works well with jeans, chinos, or slacks - preferably Left Field of course!

i quickly realized that most people live in places that dont require boots haha 

i still cant decide on what to get. I wish i could just get one of each! i guess its just like jeans 

Haven't had too much time to post recently, plus my girlfriend/designated picture taker and I recently split off after about 3 years so things have been pretty hectic in my neck of the woods.

Anyways, been really digging the Black Marias and Car Club jacket combo recently. Also picked up a pair of the Red Wing Policemans the other day so I've been hitting that murdered out aesthetic a lot. 

The jeans are coming along super well. I'm starting to get some holes going in the back pockets, and my crotch is definitely wearing thin but it probably has a few more weeks until it goes completely.

Side note about coffee and such. I'm considering getting an espresso machine for the house. Anyone recommend me something that won't kill my bank account? I'd like something I can steam milk with too.

Truthfully, unless you're happy with bitter/sour espresso most of the time, I would say avoid getting a home espresso machine (unless you really want to invest ~$1500 minimum-- check r/coffee sidebar on reddit, lots of good info on the best basic home espresso gear). the problem with espresso is that it usually baristas ~5 pulled shots before they're dialed in for the day, meaning you'd be going through quite a lot of coffee until you found a tasty shot. If you're mixing with milk that's usually not so big a deal, but something to consider.

re boots: i'm on winter number 3 with my ll bean katahdin's, and i couldn't be happier with how they've worn in so far. I also got a pair of black beckman redwing's that i'll probably beat the crap out of, though the leather on those isn't nearly as nice/supple as the bean's. they're also a pain in the ass to put on.

20151116_125606.jpg

20151116_125629.jpg

1 month of continues wear. not a whole lot going on that can be seen by photos. the thighs are starting to turn ever so grey. 

Edited by itschrisb

Haven't had too much time to post recently, plus my girlfriend/designated picture taker and I recently split off after about 3 years so things have been pretty hectic in my neck of the woods.

Anyways, been really digging the Black Marias and Car Club jacket combo recently. Also picked up a pair of the Red Wing Policemans the other day so I've been hitting that murdered out aesthetic a lot. 

The jeans are coming along super well. I'm starting to get some holes going in the back pockets, and my crotch is definitely wearing thin but it probably has a few more weeks until it goes completely.

sounds rough man.. hope you're doing well. the jeans sound dope!

What do you all keep in your pockets? I just realized mine are all full... keys and knife in left, wallet in right. phone or moleskin in right butt, and hanky in left butt.

I think I've exed out the idea of getting an espresso machine. I didn't think it would end up being such a pricey thing. I just wanted to make some lattes at home haha.

@leftfield the flannels look killer! i wish i had the funds right now to pick up one of the brown ones. Im in desperate search of a grey and black flannel also.