Imperial SEXI08

TLCA

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI08

As our 8th collaboration we bring the SEXI08... An 18.5cm slim cut jean made of 15oz unsanforized denim.

We've moved the production of this jean to Japan, where normally Imperial's jeans are made in Australia. Moving the production to Japan enabled us to work closely with the factory and the mill that produced the denim. The outcome is a 15oz unsanforized right hand twill denim made in both indigo and black produced in Ibara, Japan. For those that always wanted an Imperial jean to fade like many of the other Japanese lines we carry with a high intensity fade and quite a bit of character, these are for you as they're sure to age well and fade over time due to the lack of processing the denim has gone through after the weaving process.

The leather tag and silkscreened pocket bag art are an homage to the Australian, Japanese, and American connection. Small rear pockets embroidered with dark indigo thread, chainstitched hems, a custom leather tag, and a silkscreened inner pocket bag round out the features on this custom collaboration between Self Edge and Australia's Imperial Clothing Company. The silhouette is a slim fitting 18.5cm cut with an inseam that shrinks to ~36". These are, quite possibly, the perfect slim fitting jean for us.

The SEXI08 jean will be released at Self Edge San Francisco & Self Edge New York at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, September 5th.

The jeans will also be available online at 2pm (PST) the same day.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&zenid=79d95cc59f793e216ff2cfb48efee60a

Self Edge x Imperial Indigo Selvedge = SEXI08

sexi08_indigo_01_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_02_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_04_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_06_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_08_web.jpg

Self Edge x Imperial Black Selvedge = SEXI08BK

sexi08_black_01_web.jpg

sexi08_black_02_web.jpg

sexi08_black_04_web.jpg

sexi08_black_06_web.jpg

We've gotten quite a few emails asking if the SEXI08 is limited.

All of our collaborations are made in a limited number and never made again, for the SEXI08 there were 150 indigo produced and 70 black.

im scared lol im stuck at a 28 or 29..

i'm in the same spot as you, i'm leaning towards the 29 though.

I wear FH BSPs in size 29, SEXDBXS09 in a 28, Nudie SSK in a 28, and SEXSC02 in a 28.

I've gained some weight the past couple of years due to college diet, so i think the 29 in the SEXI08s lines up with my SEXDBXS09 waist the best, which is by far the most comfortable.

I picked up a pair in black today, was riding my bike in the area and remembered they were being released today. Made it just after the store opened and was apparently the first person to buy them. I picked up black in size 32 and they fit very well - true to size. Tight but not too tight in the thigh which is often the problem for me.

I cold soaked for about an hour, the inseam went down 3" to 36". the water was very blue when I took them out but I guess that's normal? Currently being dried in the sun, should have them on in a few more hours :)

Wanted to also mention I tried them in a 33 and didn't like them. If you want slim fitting jeans and your thighs aren't gigantic I'd say get true to size. The photos of the jeans on Selfedge are tighter looking than what mine look like worn... they look a little bit too tight to me.

Am wearing them now, going out for a few hours but will get photos up when I get back. I really like the fit post-stretch, they seem slim straight-legged from the knee down, also like the way the stalk.

The denim is not so thick that they look awkward at the bottom...these look great long. I had that problem when I tried on those 23oz iron hearts - fit was a great fit but too thick to leave un-hemmed.

nicknyc, let's see some pics.

im wondering if i should get these. but why are these so much pricier than the db collab? i know its different denim but what makes these worth the extra bucks?

someone please persuade me as im on the fence :) haha

oh and im not sure if i should go with the same size as my 27 DB's ... i did get a bit chunkier from school, but the dbs stretched as will these. so contemplating getting the size 27 in these blacks

I was just at the NY store to try these on. They were sold out in my size in the blacks, so I didn't purchase them. I tried on the indigos and they should fit great and the denim is sick. I would definitely advise going true to size on them. I'm kind of confused now actually, the general look on the indigo pair is better in my opinion, but I'm going to be getting another indigo model and already have a couple of indigo pairs. They're really not as slim as they seem in the pics. The proportions work out that they fit slim in every size, but never outlandishly so. They're truly a great jean. The denim was much better than the average imperial pair, they're definitely comparable to the other japanese denim carried at selfedge.They're really a step up for imperial. I guess I'll order my size in the blacks online (save on tax as well), and I'll post some pics then.

Well, they're made to fit like dior's 18.5 cm cut which I knew almost nothing about, but then found out it was never used for jeans. It seems to be a similar cut though.

That was an opinionated comment. On second thought, I don't really know what I meant. I liked the patch on the indigo better, as well as the slight contrast in the pocket stitching. You can't go wrong with either pair in terms of look. We'll see how they start to look with wear, hopefully good.

Somebody start posting photos, these things looked really good on everybody that tried them on in SF today..

Akuma, it was good talking to you today for a bit on the phone.. Serious geeking out took place.