Rockabilly

dino might

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to watch more late night TV, aside from Family Guy...

I love Wanda. Especially since she sounds exactly the same as she has...

The only thing that gets me, (but this goes for any artist) that get older and make a new album. they have to include the horns... WHY???

Not just in rockabilly, but several different genres and shit... Kills me.

Cool to see Jack White gettin' down with the rockabilly sound. No rapper intended.

The only thing that gets me, (but this goes for any artist) that get older and make a new album. they have to include the horns... WHY???

Cool to see Jack White gettin' down with the rockabilly sound. No rapper intended.

http://twitter.com/SelfEdge/status/31404343529836544

^ya diiig.

/\

hey, jan, did you ever go to SE to get some rockabilly tunes?

Indeed. Except I commandeered his external HD for a bit over a week, had my friend rip and compress them all, as my laptop wasn't able to do that. Now just waiting for him to finish burning them to DVDs, then I'll be compressing them for the lap top. THEN, I can finally upload em all to the iPod Nano my sister got me for my birthday.

I'm confident that it'll fit. I mean, it's gonna be ALL rockabilly on that thing. No punk, reggae or anything else on it, whatsoever. But, when I get more shit, I'll be screwed.

Im usually into psychobilly and im starting to get into this sort of style but ive always been a fan of Wanda Jackson and I also noticed that everyone loves to throw horns in once theyre older lol but i think it really compliments her voice seeing how everytime I listen to her she reminds me of a horn lol

and seeing Jack White really show his true ability on the guitar is awesome in itself too.

• 2 weeks later...

If you watch Family Guy, you probably have seen this face in more than a handful of episodes.

Before he opted for bright colored suits, left the pompadour for a bombage, and sang ballads, he was one hell of a rockabilly artist.

But I still very much so enjoy this song.

d2aeRg_yMSE

Conway Twitty - I See The Want To In Your Eyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
be curious again this year to see how many are making it to vlv

1 will be

I'll be there, my 11th year out of the 14th they've done!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at Viva Las Vegas, last night Superfuture's own Rivet Head played with his band the Hi-Q's, here are some photos and video i shot (with my iPhone).

More info on VLV: http://vivalasvegas.net/vlv14/

More about Rivet Head: http://www.rivet-head.blogspot.com/

vdc5rSP11WA

1ed73219.jpg

7aefa0dd.jpg

e81837d0.jpg

Last post about Viva Las Vegas, i swear...

One of the best bands i saw all weekend was a young band from England called The Caezars that are signed to Wild Records.

I think this is what rockabilly felt like when you were young and reckless and saw rock bands in the 50's.

I filmed a few seconds of their set..

-ud3a4kM2wc

019fbfaf.jpg

I knew you'd like them...

Introduced a few hipsterbillies to Nor-Cal Rockabilly. PREPARE FOR SOME FUN!!!

Tell them not to show up to any shows with their damn handle-bar mustaches.

Don't worry, it's gonna be these fresh 21 year old, subtly pretentious twats who "love vintage and rockabilly," who don't understand either or.

Oh yeah... She saw the flyer for the BB&HR show from fuckyeahrockabilly... Who in turn, reblogged it from me... So you know she's gonna be fun!

Anyone going to this?

After going to a couple shows and meets the cars that are going to be here seem promising. the line up is pretty good too.

2011-ink-n-iron-band-lineup.jpg