fungi in my jeans!

dirtyjeans

you better not be laughing because this is serious!

I have had my jeans about 7 months and all they have had is a hot soak when I got them.. but it does seem I have had a tinea aka JOCK ITCH infection a few times recently. And no.. I am not a sportsman ;)

My question is this: do you think the fungi can just stay in my damn jeans even if I don't wear them for a month - and yes I do wear underwear.. and then infect me again?

Also, if I do need to wash them.. do you think I need to wash them in a special way to deal with this 'special problem'?

Thanks,

DirtyJeans

FR_indiv_bot_antibact.png

What you really need to do is wash those jeans.

However, this stuff is awesome for long term care without any washing. Apply until denim is damp. Hang inside to dry. Every few weeks or so, hang them on the clothes line outside overnight.

No more smell, no more anything, it's like an alternative to washing.

Just nastier.

Ok, I'm taking a mycology (study of fungi) course right now. I can help. It sounds like we're dealing with some sort of oomycota or zygomycota. Have you noticed any fruiting bodies? If so did you make spore prints? If mycelia are present are they septate or aseptate? (10)

If you've had jock itch, then you've had ring worm. WASH THE JEANS IMMEDIATELY. Wash your sheets. Wash the other clothes you've worn while you've had the worm. Don't scratch the worm. Wash your hands a lot. Either get some anti-fungal medication (ketoconazole does the trick) or an over the coutner jock itch/athlete's foot med. The worm is not be messed with.

You don't want to wind up like this guy

tineaFaciale_4085_lg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
my jeans are sorta sweaty, and i was wondering when you can tell if youre getting fungus, etc. is it just itching??

i cant see anything in mine, it just itches and i assume thats what its from as it started one night after i got too drunk and fell asleep with my jeans on next to a heater and woke up with a puddle of sweat in them.