supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

it's about time i made this guys, so lets just be real about it and discuss, what do you play, what's your local metagame? deck lists you feel like sharing? located on the east coast? come to tourneys and discuss your tech for it. lets get it all out of our systems, this could even be used for good old deja vu moments and fond memories, but it all goes here.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned poorly on the fast mana system (3rd grade style) and played only competitively a handful of times (local tourneys), but I was more of a collector and I probably own all the MtG novels (really fucking good stuff).

Haven't looked @ my collection in probably 6 or 7 years though. Maybe longer.

casual mostly, and by mostly i mean entirely, but i would love to get involed in standard and extended.

local metagame is the kids at school with me, no its not very large - but quite diverse, i play a new deck everyday. my friends and i just started playing magic again after quite a hiatus- something to do with senior year highschool, go figure.

i would love to share some decklists, but i am not able to at this moment. so when i am able to i will.

if anyone knows of a good place to play magic in manhattan that would be great, neutral ground shut down and i don't know were to go.

I so badly wanted to get good so they could design a card after me..sigh..all I did was win local drafts and not place at regionals

I stopped playing around odyssey block so uh..how many came out after that? I'm too afraid to pick it up again because of all the new shit I won't know about but me and habia are supposed to do a draft so anybody in NYC down holla

Imma go jerk it to a picture of serra angel

I so badly wanted to get good so they could design a card after me..sigh..all I did was win local drafts and not place at regionals

I stopped playing around odyssey block so uh..how many came out after that? I'm too afraid to pick it up again because of all the new shit I won't know about but me and habia are supposed to do a draft so anybody in NYC down holla

Imma go jerk it to a picture of serra angel

LOL I have that card... and Barron... and like most Urza cards. Shit I really was a collector.

Here's what I was playing back when I quit (from memory, dont have the deck with me in england)

4 wooded foothills

2 bloodstained mire

4 taiga

1 strip mine

2 wasteland

5 mountains

4 jackal pup

4 mogg fanatic

4 kird ape

4 gorilla shaman

4 goblin patrol

2 ball lightning

2 grim lavamancer

4 lightning bolt

4 chain lightning

4 incinerate

4 seal of fire

2 cursed scroll

sideboard included 4 red elemental blast obviously, fork, and a bunch of other crap

my other deck that i still have is u/g madness but i sold the rares at some point so it has a bunch of proxies in it

yo we have to do some sealed deck when i'm in new york

yo good for you josh, i'm trying to do the same for myself, wish i was back there just to leave there hahah.

jeep loved the novels, it's surprising how complex the stories were, and intertwined wonderfully.

hollywood i definitely regret it but it was last valentines day and i needed to get a gf a gift, sold my deck for 300ish? 3 italian drains, 4 forces, underground seas, volcanics, the works man. i miss it so fucking much.

lib wheres the draft at i might have to do this shit.

and i personally never fucked with regionals never got into type 2, was always too into type 1, so i ended up going to the vintage worlds haha, my friend got second at the time, a very solid week.

yo we have to do some sealed deck when i'm in new york

fuck yes money tuff, shoot me a pm, maybe i'll have all of sufu over my house and we can do a sealed deck thing always and internet rapist concept. but in all seriousness thats a solid deck, red sligh is a classic, though now i'd up the lavamancers definitely and you HAVE to maindeck some cursed scroll though i think you said you already have em not sure.

lets see.

I played alot of type two during Rav/TS with this badass blue green deck. It came in 2nd at some like JSS tourney or something and my friend built it and gave it to me. it was so fun, had only 3 spells (Chord of Calling) and the rest were creatures. gunna try to find the list but it had so much synergy. Then moved to fairies, then when I went to college gave all my cards to a friend, still love to draft though.

I played a few PTQ's, one with dredge and one with Doran Rock, scrubbed out with dredge and was 2-2 drop with doran rock because none of my friends or I could top 8.

If I'm ever in NYC in the near future (35$ bus ride for me atm, pretty sick) I wanna fucking play magic with you kids rofl

best times playing magic was 2 headed giant limited though. Second at a GPT, couldve won (our draft deck was beast slivers w/ damnation and the team that we gave the win two was some trash deck) but my dad was being a dick and made me leave, and 5th at states (I made a play mistake that screwed us out of top 4, but they fucked up and did to many rounds so we should've been top 4 anyway, oh well.)

shits making me want to start playing again hah.

the problem is that last time i checked type 1 has become much more creature based and now has tons of decks that start playing 4/4 and such in turn 3 and keep doing it for the rest of the game, playing 3 colours to have access to high power removal but also to card advantage type stuff, and sligh just can't compare because it was built originally to outrace control and combo

Someone's gonna honestly have to teach me to play again. Like I said I learned on fast-mana which is completely BS, so my handle on the game itself is really weak. I was able to pull through in local shit cause I had really good cards and whatnot, but on the grand scheme of things, my game isn't up to par. Don't even know the lingo for the most part.

well i mean most people play 10 proxy type one now so i must say it's a bit more fun. i definitely would ahve everyone from sufu in my house for a tourney or some shit over the summer, maybe i'll put something in the meet up thread? but anyway yeah not many people play creatures anymore that i can remember, at least most are based on huge creatures, but this would be so dope if we did this. i personally win outta the graveyard which is sooo much fun hahaha.

Someone's gonna honestly have to teach me to play again. Like I said I learned on fast-mana which is completely BS, so my handle on the game itself is really weak. I was able to pull through in local shit cause I had really good cards and whatnot, but on the grand scheme of things, my game isn't up to par. Don't even know the lingo for the most part.

jeep next time your in ct mtg meet up, though it'll be funny as fuck seeing as i'm all of 5'6" i'll get you back on the horse.

a friend had a deck a few years after i stopped playing that basically relied on a bunch of 0 mana artifacts, dark rituals, the other rituals, etc. and just had to play 10 spells in one turn and then a card that burned for 2, plus for two more for each spell played that turn

he could usually set it off by turn 3, and it was type 2 legal at the time

there's still no better MTG feeling for me than dropping turn 1 careful study and basking rootwalla, turn 2 wild mongrel, turn 3 arrogant wurm, turn 4 flashback call of the wurm + wonder in graveyard

edit: apprentice+netdraft would probably work through parallels on a mac, the good thing is that you can draft any set, the bad thing is that the user interface is complete shit and you can't see pictures of the cards, just text

is type 1 vintage? I never got into vintage, mostly type 2 and extended with a tiny bit of legacy.

yeah type 1 ='s vintage. theres some local card stores that i could cop a box and we could do a draft too.

edit: money tuff thats TPS i used to play that and it was so much fun, the 0 artifacts are proxied moxes and black lotus.