Material Boy - S/S 08/09 - ‘Lucid Objects’

ben_253

• 2 weeks later...
Guest binaural

all i've gotta say is that i have heard some SHADY shit about Mic recently regarding his business practices (ie: taking deposits from shops and not shipping any product). that's really fucked.

other than that, shit's alright, but seeming a little tired at this point.

all i've gotta say is that i have heard some SHADY shit about Mic recently regarding his business practices (ie: taking deposits from shops and not shipping any product). that's really fucked.

other than that, shit's alright, but seeming a little tired at this point.

yeah it is true about the shit he's been up to... a shop i know was waiting for the delivery and there was no response at all til now

Guest binaural
yeah it is true about the shit he's been up to... a shop i know was waiting for the delivery and there was no response at all til now

jesus... which shop?

that's fucking horrible. i've just heard some things from friends in LA, who he dicked over. fuck material boy, man. shit pisses me off.

Guest binaural

i dunno. ripping off small businesses is so ridiculously unethical, it's not even funny. i've now heard several accounts of MB scams this past season, so whatever. old Mic sounds like a complete fucking asshole to me... i think more people ought to know about that too, watch out.

"nice guys" can often be thieves, btw. my friend said everything was going really smooth/cordial/friendly, until Mic got the deposit. then, he disappeared. this was the first time they had ordered with MB too...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest binaural
Ive worked with mic for a while and like most designers out there, he´s of course not the one doing the sales, its his agent.....

the above mentioned season was cut short due to the death of his father.

actually, they WERE dealing with a sales agent before mic's dad passed. then, when all that happened, mic stepped in, handling sales. he kept dicking them around, and never shipped the order... and didnt keep his word about the option of refunding their deposit. i know this as fact cos i help out with sales from time to time. it was pretty shitty.

anyway, it's too bad... i have now heard several accounts of this. i have always mostly liked the line and it's a drag that he's not more honest or together.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...