U.S. LVC Spring/Summer 2006 info...

Shorty Long

Here's what Levi is telling me...I like that they're bringing back the sawtooth shirt, but why not a 'rigid' version????

Below are the items that we are producing for the 2006 spring and summer season LVC collection.

1947 501® Jean

Model Information

Slim leg with twisted side seam Big "E" Red Tab and concealed rivets on back pockets Button fly with LS&Co zinc buttons When World War II was over it was time to bring the 501® jean into the modern era. It now featured the double-needle Arcuate stitching design and, of course, the Capital "E" Red Tab, but the cinch, suspender buttons and crotch rivet went away. Shorn of excess, it now reflects a more modern sensibility. Fabric Information100% Cotton Denim

Offered in Scorched (medium blue) and dead stock (dark blue)

1967 606 Jean

Model Information

Slim fit, straight top block with long rise, This Super Slim has a 1960s worn in feel, coupled with the straight-arrow legs and body-hugging fit, Comes complete with a Capital "E" Orange Tab, a high but comfy rise and a slight tear near one leg opening. Fabric Information100% Cotton Denim

Offered in Smoky (light blue)

1955 501® Jean

Model Information

The 1955 501® jean belongs to the era of the rebel, the motorcycle rider, the bad boy of the blackboard jungle. It has the leather patch, double-sided Capital E Red Tab and subtle styling for the slimmer, rugged guy of the 50's, with the perfect hole at the knee and aggressive whiskering on the upper thigh. This is available in our "Faithful" finish, in remembrance of America's cultural rebels. Fabric Information100% Cotton Denim

Offered in Faithful (medium light blue)

Vault Piece 201 Jean

Like the 501®, this 201 was made with Cone denim beginning in 1915. Woven at the White Oak plant, itself only ten years old, the denim Cone made for us in those early days had an indigo that was dense, yet still smooth, thanks to the double roving technique used to spin yarn. And of course, it was rugged. The historical original, still intact and still wearable, tells that story.

Model Information

This pair of Levi's® jeans, dating from 1915 - 1921, was the work pant of choice for the modern working man of the early twentieth century. It's a 201 - the value version cousin of the original, the 501® jean - and was inspired by a stunning pair from our company Archives, which started its journey on the shelf of a general store, and ended it at the bottom of a California mine. Years of rock dust, iron ore, water and sudden sunlight gave these jeans its formidable color, while the tough-as-nails Cone denim kept it alive. Found by intrepid explorers just a few years ago, it was hauled to the surface, thrown into the back of a truck and then into a southern California storage unit, where it waited to find it's new home: a fireproof vault in San Francisco. The style is pure Levi's®: two back pockets (as of 1901), cinch and suspender buttons, crotch rivet and 9 oz. Cone indigo denim. Start-of-the-art denim circa 1915.Fabric Information100% Cotton Denim

Offered in Iron Ore (medium blue)

1979 646 Jean

Model Information

Unisex Style Orange Tab, long belt loops and zipper fly Flat front top block with moderate flare The year was 1979 and the bell bottom had passed from being a fad to an iconic fit. The classic 646 was a style for fun or for making a more powerful statement. It has a double-sided little "e" Orange Tab and a slightly higher rise and a flare that's barely there. Fabric Information100% Cotton

Offered in Dead stock (dark blue) and Loveless (medium blue)

Sawtooth Shirt

Model Information

This denim Western shirt features our famous shorthorn label. It has holes on the sleeves, fraying

I think I swallowed a bug.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 9, 2006 at 06:16 PM

Not for nothin but that just sucks...It did not sound like anything there was worth dealing with. What the hell. Just stick to the OG deadstock stuff and do it right and I will keep buying it, but all this stuff that is already worn out....I just don't get it. I guess we want everything right now and have no patience for breaking in a pair of jeans properly. Not me though brother...when I buy a pair of jeans I don't want them already half way used up by sandpaper, they cost too much for that nonsense.

Well, I don't blame them. There's a market for it and they have the resources to appeal to that market. It would be nice if they at least provided deadstock versions of all their products though. Blame the people who don't get that they're spending too much for jeans that are already distressed.

• 2 weeks later...

That is strange. Assuming we're looking in the right place, the '47 deadstock picture is actually the LVC Vault Piece 'Iron Ore'... the 201.

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon - i'd check back in a few days.

Edited by jdavis on Jan 31, 2006 at 07:03 AM

Quote:

That is strange. Assuming we're looking in the right place, the '47 deadstock picture is actually the LVC Vault Piece 'Iron Ore'... the 201.

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon - i'd check back in a few days.

Edited by jdavis on Jan 31, 2006 at 07:03 AM

--- Original message by jdavis on Jan 31, 2006 07:02 AM

well, it's definitely not 'deadstock,' but I hope it's not the Vault Piece either...no crotch rivet, no suspender buttons...

When I saw a picture of the 201 it looked the same way - they had just used a later 501 for shape and used the Iron Ore finish. Still surprised they're posting it online though. The sample that I saw had the crotch rivet with matching buckleback, and suspender buttons - and everything else you'd expect to see.

Quote: ...i'm really starting to think that the people in charge of LVC in the US are completely out of it. ...disappointed once again.

Amen to that.

Every time I go into the "flagship" store in San Francisco's Union Square, they tell me that whatever item I am asking about is not for US release, but Europe or Japan.

I think the US LVC people are totally clueless. They seem to be taking their marketing cues from True Religion. They have gone from being the leader in the field to being the last follower in the pack.

I hope they read this.

ask a cassowary

Edited by tangerine on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Edited by tangerine on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:06 PM

LAst time I looked, they had the 37 ltd edition distressed jeans on the websit ewhere they should have had the 47. It's been mentioned here before.

Yes, LVC seems to be in flux. At least part of the previous range was overseen by Gary Harvey but he's now left the company. I hope they devote more effort, time and resources to it in the near future and don't let it wither & die...