what have i got here?-201 info

nairb49

Picked these up a while back. Don't expect them to be anything spectacular, no hidden rivets, 501 stamped on the back of the top button, no crotch rivet.

I believe the 201 used to be made with green selvage, supposed to be cheaper and lighter. these have kind of a very light pink hue, don't know if thats the green that has faded and morphed into pink, or what.

weird thing, the inside of the buttons on the waist and fly are hollow, which i've never seen before.

the stitching on the back pockets is done with two colours though.

Just trying to date them and get more info on them, assume they're just 201s that were released prior to the switch of looms, but more specifics would be neat to have.

2010012tb.jpg

2010026au.jpg

2010035zt.jpg

2010043ft.jpg

2010055al.jpg

nairb49

Sorry, but they look to me like fakes. 201 jeans should have rivets visible on the back pockets, and there should be no little diamond on the bottom of the arcuate; other items like the buttons look wrong too. There have been errors on genuine Levi's jeans, but these don't look anything like the genuine article to me, I'm afraid. Where did you get them?

hmm, slightly dissapointing. also a bit strange

i got em at a vintage store, no big loss they were 20 bucks. weird that fakes would be drifting around a vintage store.

guess the bitter-sweet thing is that they're probably in my top 3 in terms of how I like the fit...

thanks for the knowledgable answer though, paul

nairb49