Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They revamped the classic for this holiday09 and are making a push with it again...it looks considerably slimmer all around from the presentation, sole especially. Im not very excited about the mid-top version, but we'll see how that goes.

a high top tennis shoe? crazy. it looks like a cross between a boxing boot and terminator, kind of weird.

anyway thanks for all that info, cool to get that detailed perspective... i always wondered how much the month-to-month variation was due to design as opposed to just being done at different factories

btw plane shorts were 118 for whoever was asking. their shorts are kind of a ripoff at full price but seem to sell well enough to hose me if i wait for them to go on sale (wtb: rain camo shorts:().

^are you trying to say that $2500 is a stretch for something sold at 1/10th the value that very morning? i'm assuming these prices will drop to retail by next week. no one's getting $500 a deck for these.

Nah i meant that some have one deck at $599, one deck at $999, A whole set at $1200, a whole set at $2500, etc.

There is never any bench mark set, that people follow. They just throw up any # they think they can get.

Nah i meant that some have one deck at $599, one deck at $999, A whole set at $1200, a whole set at $2500, etc.

There is never any bench mark set, that people follow. They just throw up any # they think they can get.

yeah, usually with supreme resell there's a handful of market makers but the art factor has really thrown people off since resellers basically have no clue about how that shit works

Yeah definitely- (^insinuating the LOWS). Its been said to me that the shoe just hasnt met expectations from the market. Ive been wearing the hybrid ones the last 3 weeks that clark did for the custom series and i really like those, not that the sole was ever really a major problem, but theyve been a nice change.

Im not much of a boat shoe type person but the janoski will definitely sell extremely well and im excited to see how it skates. I also heard omar is working on a shoe so itll be interesting to see what type of blazer concoction he undoubtedly comes up with.

apologies for the non supreme related jabber. i DO like the little stars on midsole of the supreme bruin, brings a nice subtle change up from the normal release.

The Janoski has an interesting toebox.

It's not flat across like Vans' typical offerings but a bit rounded. But I guess the reluctance to change on Nike's part and start hitting up more vulcanized styles was they didn't want to follow in the path of Vans (more so upper management than the designers). But as my friend put it, when it comes to athletic shoe manufacturing... cupsole vs. vulcanized. It's not really something you can get away from.