pics of boho/grungy/rocker fashion

shagnscoob

im really into seeing pictures of street fashion and stuff. but what i dont see very often is really grungy types, the kind of stuff hedi slimane bases his stuff after, the really dirty but fashionable rocker types that may be considered 'boho' in some sense of the word.

heres an example:

178hd.jpg

maybe this isnt something you like or appreciate, but im hoping some of you guys have some pictures of similar fashion.

Didn't we already have an issue before with posting pics taken from other forums and commenting on them?

Yes, I know that if dude decides to post his pic on the 'net, then it's fair game, but at the same time, it's not like he can defend himself on this forum.

Just trying to avoid another forum war..

Trin you're not off. It's Handle completely missing the point. If the dude in the picture was Japanese he'd be saying something completely diffferent. And the fact that the dude in question probably has more influences in common with Japanese street culture (rather than NYC like he's quoted above) is what makes the site interesting for me.

That whole site is along the lines of the Milspex' inspiration thread, but is far broader and takes it to a fabulous ( and hilarious) natural conclusion. IMO.

Quote:

You've never seen this look before? Have you ever been to New York? This look is practically played out in the east village and LES.

--- Original message by peteyross on Jan 5, 2006 12:18 PM

no actually i havent. but i have seen the style before. just not as often as i see the urban kind of thing that most of the people on here wear, but only because you guys post pictures.

im liking some of the guys on hel-looks but a lot of seems really out there, in the same sense as those crazy japanese street fashion books, where everything is just.... wtf?

and yeah, it is kind of an indie thing. oh well. i still like it, but maybe thats cuz i listen to indie -.-

Quote:

That Finnish site is interesting (in that you see what people are into in a city that doesn't get otherwise get a lot of int'l focus)...weird how half of the guys under 20 cite Hanoi Rocks as an influence and a bunch of the girls are doing a J-Pop / Lolita thing.

--- Original message by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Jan 6, 2006 06:40 PM

Hanoi Rocks is a Finnish band...

Not sure how the gothic lolita stuff got to Finland though.

Edited by minya on Jan 6, 2006 at 07:43 PM