Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hare came in a few days ago

CIMG1833.JPG

im satisfied with the overall length and fit. the pit area though is kind of constraining.

Undo the bottom button. ~2" too short imo.

which one, or both?

its short, yes, but not as you think in that pic: my pants were falling down, early morning shot

I might be a little too picky, but I'm looking for a couple specific details in a peacoat, preferably $250 or under:

Shoulder epaulettes

Back Vent

A little longer than the waistline

Maybe cuff straps too

Does anyone know if the H&M pea coat satisfies these? hows the quality?

billy dee: height/weight // measurements on the coat? medium im assuming..

size M

tag sizes

height: 60

shoulder: 41

chest: 91

sleeve: 61

actual chest msrmnt: 93.98

billy dee, is that hare peacoat from this season?

yes

hey billy...do u mind showing us a close look at the fabric? would u consider it warm for the cold weather in toronto? really really tempted right now XD

some more detailed shots

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/2439/CIMG1847.JPG

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/2440/CIMG1848.JPG

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/2441/CIMG1850.JPG

id personally consider this for colder weather, mid 60sF and below

I might be a little too picky, but I'm looking for a couple specific details in a peacoat, preferably $250 or under:

Shoulder epaulettes

Back Vent

A little longer than the waistline

Maybe cuff straps too

Does anyone know if the H&M pea coat satisfies these? hows the quality?

No cuff straps on H&M, and it's quite a bit longer, about mid-thigh. It looks great though, and the epaulets are very nice.

Oh, quality's okay, not too bad. Mine isn't falling apart yet, but I've had to cut off a lot of loose threads. I assume that's just from machine stitching. Suprisingly, the buttons are holding out quite well, that's usually the first thing to fall off on cheap coats.

i just tried on the best pea coat i've tried on in a long time at 99X in NYC. it was alpha industries and had a little bit better detailing than standard issue pea coats. i think it was like $225, which isn't awful. i might have to get it even though i just grabbed the uniqlo jam.

i just tried on the best pea coat i've tried on in a long time at 99X in NYC. it was alpha industries and had a little bit better detailing than standard issue pea coats. i think it was like $225, which isn't awful. i might have to get it even though i just grabbed the uniqlo jam.

bit the bullet on the alpha pea coat, so i'm selling my uniqlo one. its black, size large. i wore it once when i went midtown on friday to hit MoMa and is like new. asking $150 shipped on $150 retail as its kind of heavy. i will also accept offers.