Nom De Guerre Selvedge Dry Denim

asfberg

Nice, I got the Raw Blue Selvedge for 255 and the sbw, those greys are fucking awesome. I tried them on at Stels and it was between that and the ones I have now, the construction/quality/dye of the NDG greys are masterful.

I'm about to soak these tommorow in the afternoon so I'll post results of the measurements/shrinkage. I've gotten about a full months wear on these and have had them since Nov. which at first I had major trouble buttoning, now I put these on like fucking pajamas.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i know, they're all sanforized. none of that shrink to fit crap. since i am a 31, and ndg does not make odd sizes i went a size down with a 30. i have past seasons classic fit, which they may have recut, the 30 looked a lot better than the 32. i've had some trouble stretching the waist, although another poster here has had no problem in having them stretch.

Thanks for the responses guys. Im a 32 and I would probably get the loosest fit. My Rescues got accidentally soaked, but not dried, and they shrunk quite a bit, so I'm even wary of sanforized. Luckily I can just head down to NDG and try em for myself. If i get a pair, I'll definitely post pics.

Measurements:

Before Soak:

Waist: 34.4 (I originally bought a 32 :o)

Front Rise: 11.3

Back: 15.8'

Thigh: 25'

Inseam: 35'

Knee: 17

Opening: 17.2

Well, It's in a hot soak for 3 hours, hopefully not too much dye will come, and it won't shrink that much. I'll post pictures either late tonight or tommorow morning and list the measurements.

After Soak:

Waist: 33"

Front Rise: 11.3"

Back:

Thigh: 24

Inseam 34

Knee: 16.5

Opening: 16

They shdrunk considerbly :o, I had a hard time putting them on for awhile, but finally got the 4th button in. The waist and the thighs, knees feel alot more tight. A lot of the starch came off (the store I got it from said I didn't need a presoak), also alittle dye was removed but time will only tell by tommorow. Pics up tonight or tommorow morning

Alright, so after the I hot soaked for 4.5 hours and then let it dry till the next morning, I put them on, alittle more struggle than before but still was able to put on, alot better than before, also the backrise of the jeans shrunk alot, so right now i'm rocking an antifit, the thighs and inseam also shrunk.

Overall, I'm quite happy with soaking them, if I hadn't, most likely the jeans wouldve had uneven creases. After the NDG stretches out and doesn't fit you as well anymore, I highely recommend hot soaking them, the fit is just great right now, though it'll stretch back eventually, but it should be advised to get rid of some of the factory starch (whole bathtub was yellow)

Post pics later

Hi

ramdom question, but do they sell the new Noah in NDG? it's not denim but still nice.....

yeah, they do...season is ending though. so all their stuff is 40% off. I was told they (NDG) was the only stockist of this brand. Other than that, Noah seems to be more off radar than CYC is. I got a noah shirt which is fucking amazing. Their outerwear is also phenomenal, but price is a bit high.

yeah, they do...season is ending though. so all their stuff is 40% off. I was told they (NDG) was the only stockist of this brand. Other than that, Noah seems to be more off radar than CYC is. I got a noah shirt which is fucking amazing. Their outerwear is also phenomenal, but price is a bit high.

he is only selling at NDG, plus he build and design is spot on, so the price wold be up there...

some of the best outerwear I've ever seen, only seen his old stuff but I'm sure he would stay true to his root, please post the shirt picture....

Neil

Thanks, I actually really like the slimmer fit than the wider thighs before, the only thing thats bothering me is the overall softness of the jeans. I might have soaked it for too long in hot water but I love the fitting now, some people told me to use starch but I'm not really a huge fan about it. What you guys think?

man, it looks like they slimmed down the classic fit. excellent, excellent fit!

they still have the classic fit, the new ones aren't "classic fit" per se. don't know what they label it as. I got a pair before the new year. probably wont wear em for a while.

Here's my Noah shirt, it's VERY thick linen, thickest I've seen linen used in a shirt. Very nicely made, and just overall good shirt. glad I held out for a sale at Nom De Guerre, as I was considering this shirt when it wasn't on sale. Very happy with the purchase.

DSC03628-2.jpg

DSC03629-1.jpg

DSC03635-1.jpg

DSC03638-2.jpg

for rolling up your sleeves, it has a strap to attach it via button, but for some reason it doesn't have a button hole.

DSC03639-2.jpg

inside weed/cell phone pocket

DSC03642-2.jpg

NICE SHIRT........

Noah makes good clothing

I'd think it was a cell pocket more than a weed pocket, good heavy linen, sweet shape too

alway loved the stamped logo/tags

good work sir

Neil

• 1 month later...

gonna wash this soon as in a month, so that would make it around 5 1/2 months. Not really that, I'm disgusted with the jeans or I feel like it's about time but rather the knee faded out way too much and is unproportional with the rest so I'm thinking about balancing it out hopefully.