Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

5109xx ww2 cut from some guy in china... this is a vintage style fadezzz im talking about non of you have these kind here no?

ww2 cut? i got the 5109xx, the guy working at the fabfour store in harajuku told me it was a '66 cut. and it looks like a 66 cut, i think its a lot slimmer than a '44 cut would be...

Just got these in the mail today. Size 34 5010xx 6x6. This is presoak, was looking for opinions on whether they were too tight or not. Soaking tips for minimal thigh/waist shrinkage would be greatly appreciated.

Can button them fully but waist/thighs feel painted on.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4008/069io8.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3494/070ps1.jpg

Just got these in the mail today. Size 34 5010xx 6x6. This is presoak, was looking for opinions on whether they were too tight or not. Soaking tips for minimal thigh/waist shrinkage would be greatly appreciated.

Can button them fully but waist/thighs feel painted on.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4008/069io8.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3494/070ps1.jpg

those will likely fit well after stretching, but the waist is the only part that stretches a fair amount. everything else stays pretty slim in the long run. if you aren't comfortable with the way they fit down the leg right now, i'd recommend swapping out for a different cut. otherwise, go for it. and by the way, you're safe wearing them raw if you don't want to risk them shrinking any further in a presoak. they are sanforized, meaning that they don't shrink very far below raw measurements when soaked/washed. the inseam does shrink around 2" in the first soak however. your combs will end up moving north a bit with this shrinkage, but it won't be as drastic as it would be on a pair of STF.

ok, here are my pair of Skull 5010 6x6 one wash. I've been wearing these for 11 months straight. Not that much of an active type so no crazy high contrast fades going on but more of a vintage fade. I washed them about 5 times (hot machine wash - hang dry)Probably start with new pair next month (FH 380)

f_IMG0793m_64ba1c7.jpg

f_IMG0789m_405f6aa.jpg

trusty old tab and back pocket sown back by professional repair service

f_IMG0790m_36c34e4.jpg

f_IMG0795m_f0c01df.jpg

ride the selvedge train

f_IMG0787m_7ba7693.jpg

I noticed that there's not many stores on rakuten that sell 5010s, and especially the 6x6. The only rakuten store that sells 6x6 is Bears, and it looks like it's a one-wash. Plus, it looks like a handful of rakuten stores are selling 5010s and a sale price.

I hate to start a rumor, but do you guys think this is a sign that fabfour is coming out with new models soon, i.e. poly-cotton stitch models?

i worn mine without a soak, warm soaked them at 3 months and then cold washed them a few days ago at 6. pics in a few days. But as far as worrying about stuff matching up, if you wear them hard they'll match up if you dont' they probably won't. honeycombs are the hardest to get to match back up. after the first soak it took a week or so till they were in the same place again with stretching and stuff but after that they've been fine.

pics in a few days

so many great skulls. BiG finally got a restock today so i picked up my pair. 5010 size 33". gonna be rotating this with my black dukes. excited...

_NIK03830004.jpg

_NIK03840005.jpg

...so much so, got an action shot :rolleyes:

_NIK03850006.jpg

I hate to start a rumor, but do you guys think this is a sign that fabfour is coming out with new models soon, i.e. poly-cotton stitch models?

They aren't. There are some really cool new fabrics being released probably later in the summer but the normal cotton thread 5010XX will still be around. I know 5010XX has been very popular at their flagship stores, but maybe other stores are just focusing on the less slim cuts.