Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Good to see that this thread has really gone places since Bill left the shop (10).

Seriously... you would think Stronghold would want some kind of representation on this site.

i know ryan gray, from stronghold, at least looks at a site, i've told him to join, but he never has.. and when i talked to him on the phone he really sounded like he knew his stuff

the stronghold crew in LA is not reliable...still waiting for money back from a canceled order - about 3 months now...they don't even reply to emails anymore. Neither Ryan nor Michael as in the store manager seem to worry too much about their customers . So - if u are looking to buy - buy somewhere else.

looks like Bill alone was responsible for the great service there and the reputation here.i never considered buying a pair of Strongholds since yesterday,even i got enough denim for the next dekades,that offer was t good to pass.

anyway,got the measuringtape out ,here they are for my straight leg,rinsed,W32:

waist 34

frontrise 10,5

backrise 15,5

thight 12,5

knee 9,5

legopening 9

inseam 36

dont be confused by the waist being 34,i wear 32 in almost every pair,i tryied the 31 but that was too small in every aspect.so now there is a little room in the waist which is quiet comfortable and everythingelse fits spot on.i thought a second to buy the 31 hoping for stetching,but didnt want to risk it.

the stronghold crew in LA is not reliable...still waiting for money back from a canceled order - about 3 months now...they don't even reply to emails anymore. Neither Ryan nor Michael as in the store manager seem to worry too much about their customers . So - if u are looking to buy - buy somewhere else.

Weak. Hopefully this gets rectified.

Here's list of stock thats left,all pairs are onewashed or River rinsed,as it said on the hang tag:

straight leg

w 31 - 2 left

w 32 -1

w 33 - 4

w 34 - 4

slim leg - slightly tapered,rise is a bit lower like straight leg,but now lowrise!

w 31 -1,this one is River rinsed Black,but looked very darkblue

w 32 -1

w 34 -1,this has suspenders,looks really cool,i tried it on but was a tad to big for my liking.it cost 398,-€ before,now 90,- like the others

last pair is a slim leg in w36 with cinchback.

Those are ridiculously dope. Too bad they don't have that in a 36. I hate the cinch back ones. I guess I'm going to have to find a pair of those in the states soon....
ist just a standard slim leg with an added cinch back,nothing else.dont know if the cinch is rivetet or just sewn on.if you dont like it remove it.for that price i wouldnt mind really.

gave the shop (Speakeasy-Denimbar) a call asking for a modell for some SUFUer yesterday.They told me that somewhere in november Rin Tanaka,author of the My Freedamn books is paying them a visit,holding a signing/autograph session there.not 100% confirmed now.but if that really happens i will be there holding some pants and books ready for signing!

Damn that shit is depressing. I gave up on this brand after Bill left; not to mention their site is blah.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of the black straightlegs from stronghold a couple of weeks ago. i had a great experience in the store and ryan took us upstairs and showed us where they were making the jeans.

does anyone have any experience with the black denim they use?

i love the construction and fit of the jeans but i started to get worried about them not getting good fades. i think the black yarns they use in the warp are black all the way to the core and therefore wouldn't fade.

any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Anyone haver any experience with http://www.farfetch.com/ ??

They have Stronghold jeans available......For some reason the Hickory stripes are $125.....I am very tempted to buy, but I have never heard of the site......They seem to affiliated with American rag LA for these jeans?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/stronghold/item10026810.aspx

They also seem to carry the herringbone and raw denim jeans

• 5 months later...

goddamn the new stronghold persimmon dyed jeans look dope as fuck:

2vxgk80.jpg

2wr0o40.jpg

2q1gdnr.jpg

euh9q0.jpg

2u5dq4m.jpg

I especially enjoy the unevenness of the dye job, gives the same "flame" effect that you see on the oni shoai and eternal 872s.

Coupled with a 38 inseam (sanforized), perfection.

You just got that context email too?

Yeah, I have been wanting their persimmon for some time and I finally got over it after I realized that $500 for a pair of brown jeans wasn't feasible for me. They look beautiful though. Those AI jeans up on the context site look pretty good as well.