new forum - superstore

chad

with more and more for sale posts a buying/selling forum has been created.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=forum&forumID=13

post your last season dior jacket that you need to sell to pay the rent, or try to pass off your massive collection of original late 80's fashion mistakes that have sat in your closet for twenty years.

enjoy

Quote:

Can I make a suggestion that as a rule, there should be an indicative selling price?

--- Original message by john11f on Nov 28, 2005 08:16 PM

sweet, this site was begging for one.

i totally agreee that some rules need to be enforced though, such as requiring a price. this will prevent this from becoming a lame bidding site and just be much more civilized.

I don't think that rule can be enforced. superfuture obviously has nothing to do with the buyers or sellers on this site.

If anything, it'll enforce itself: if definite selling price sales sell faster, people will see that and start to include them.

Quote:

I don't think that rule can be enforced. superfuture obviously has nothing to do with the buyers or sellers on this site.

If anything, it'll enforce itself: if definite selling price sales sell faster, people will see that and start to include them.

--- Original message by minya on Nov 28, 2005 08:44 PM

can't you just remove the post or lock it if it doesn't have a selling price?

Yes, but I don't see why that shouldn't be up to the seller themselves. If they don't feel like including an asking price (and thus alienating a lot of buyers) that's their choice.

However I'll ask chad and wayne, and see what they think.

Edited by minya on Nov 28, 2005 at 09:32 PM

we can make a sticky post for the superstore forum that covers some buying and selling guidelines as it makes it so much easier to browse if all the right information is there.

anyone care to write a decent buying/selling guideline post?

Rather than no eBay links, how about a rule that any post containing an auction site link indicates as such in the topic title? That way people who don't want to buy via action can avoid clicking in the first place. As already seems to be the case with a number of posts in the superstore, FS: could be used to preface posts with direct sales, WTB: for direct purchases, WTT: or FT: for trades and FA: for posts with an auction link.

The other rule I think should definitely be considered is topic titles that <u>only</u> reference the item being sold. None of that 'dunk bape supreme evisu' shit that you see on eBay all the time. (Unless the item being sold actually is a dunk X bape X supreme X evisu whatever).

One other thing: the 'Edit: SOLD' that a couple of users have been adding is a great idea. Should def. be in the final guidelines...

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Nov 29, 2005 at 02:24 PM

I think alot of people should also know, never send money via western union even if you have phone numbers, addresses, or any other information you might think provides security. There is no way to recover your money and the authorities don't care, especially with the amount of money we're dealing with as far as the items being sold on this site..

i still think it should be called supermarket... but

i think ebay links are great. just yea indicate if theres a link in the name. and everything for sale, post pictures. none of that if your interested pm me and i'll send you pictures. post general pictures and then if the potential buyer wants more precise pics, do that over msn or email or whatever.

and whats a 'sticky' thread?

Quote:

i still think it should be called supermarket... but

i think ebay links are great. just yea indicate if theres a link in the name. and everything for sale, post pictures. none of that if your interested pm me and i'll send you pictures. post general pictures and then if the potential buyer wants more precise pics, do that over msn or email or whatever.

and whats a 'sticky' thread?

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Dec 1, 2005 11:15 AM

a sticky post is one that stays 'stuck' at the top of the list, ensuring that they are seen by everyone and not lost in a list. for example, this post is a sticky in the supershopper forum, indicated by a little paper clip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...