Selvadge Denim & Fit : Search Has Too Many Results

Nobody

Hi All,

I'm looking for a pair of dry selvage denim that fit slighty loose in the leg with a little bit of a bootcut.

Does Levis make a jean like this? The cut of some WE jeans I like, but they're all artificially "worn" and the denim seems cheap...

Put it this way, I've been wearing APC Rescues and i think the bootcut is too subtle so I want to switch it up.

I've used the search function here, but there is way too much information to wade through so I'm hoping one of you just might have a few suggestions. I'm not too fussed about price, but I'm smitten by top-quality.

Thanks for the help,

Nobody

The Rabbit Of Seville

Okay, then!

How much do the Nudies Regular Raif Dry Selvage go for?

And lastly, does Levis make a jean like this, or is that just way off the mark?

I'm just not too jazzed on the super-heavy back-pocket stitching but I'll live with it if the cut is great.

Again, thanks.

The Rabbit Of Seville

Checked the Nudie Raifs today, and the cut seems just like what I was after. they didn't have them in dry selvage, but I can order them. My question is in relation to Wild_Whiskey's comment:

Can I really take out the back pocket seam without leaving a mark? Has anyone done this successfully, and better still, does anyone have a picture of it?

Seems like it would work, but I'm a little apprehensive spending nearly $300 on some jeans and then messing them all up.

Once again, I really appreciate all your help.

Best,

Nobody

The Rabbit Of Seville

srry i don't have a pic, but i did it to and you could only see it when you looked really close, but now that i've been wearing them for a longer time you see it less and less so i wouln't worry about it, good luck

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

Wow what coincidence

I was actually considering a pair of RRDS myself and have some questions (i been lurking for too long, using the search function to no avail)

If the length was too long and needs to be hemmed, would you wear it in to wear it in, wash it then hem it (so it looks stupid for the length of time the projects going on) or would you hem it first then risk it shrinking too much? - how much would u expect a pair of 30-32s to shrink in length after washing?

2nd question. is it stupid to hem a pair of selvedge denim since you lose the edge?

Quote:

a pair or 32L Nudie's would probably shrink about 1-1.5". It would be best to hem them before wearing them in, because it might look weird if you hem them afterwards, but you have to account for shrinking.

It's not stupid to hem selvedge jeans and you wont lose the selvedge.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Nov 27, 2005 03:30 PM

if you're worried about them shrinking too much I heard you can stretch them back out (hang them with weights attached or something of that sort.

I have a pair that i want to get hemmed but was wondering if i could just take it to a normal tailor to get it done.