The Sales Assistants Thread

__CB__

I like sales associates that say hello when you come in and not just ignore you. I don't like them following me around everywhere yet i don't want to go looking around everywhere for one when i need help. I also appreciate it when they know you by name and get things that aren't out on display yet.

I dislike associates that tell you that it looks good even though it looks whack on you. I know that it's their job to sell but still. Weirdest sales person that I remember was this guy from Atrium. I was holding a shirt and he asked me if he should set up a dressing room for me, i said yes. I see him go to the dressing room and try on the damn shirt that i was holding lol I was thinking what the hell was that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Gives me an extra 10% off prices, just because.

Where can I find these SAs?

Like:

* I like being left alone but still attended to (that's contradictory but basically I don't like being shadowed but do like periodic "Finding everything okay?" kinda queations)

* SAs that remember me

Dislike:

* People who think that because I'm young I don't belong/don't matter... had this happen at a few boutiques, makes me instantly not want to buy anything

* Shadowing or staring... back the fuck off

* When the store is as big as my bedroom yet somehow they manage to ignore me

* Dressing room limits (not really SA's fault but still), I'm wearing a slim sweatshirt and slim jeans where the fuck would I hide something?

Favorite SAs: Blackbird; helpful and knowldegable about their products

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Barney's (Seattle) today and had the worst customer service I've ever experienced. As soon as I walked in the first employee I saw looked at me enter and didn't say a word, instead trailed me as I walked by as if I were about to steal something and run. Then the other employees wouldn't talk to me at all, one even walked through me without saying excuse me or apologizing, only time I'll ever return there would be for F+B at severe discount </rant>

upon entering, being greeted and updated with new stock or sales is something i really like. presenting a chill atmosphere where i can examine clothes is great.

i remember at holts, some items they chain up to the rack afraid of shoplifters and it was extremely difficult to check out the details of their krane winter coats.

i hate it when u try something on and sales ppl knock on the door checkin if ur alright, knowing u must come out because there's no mirror in there. in all honesty, how many things can go wrong in the change room? ppl don't die in there man.

i just know that Motoki, the japanese guy at Seven New York, is the coolest/nicest SA ever. every sales associate should be like him. also, i find it very cool when sales associates just simply recommend other stores that might have the stuff i am looking for instead of suggesting bullshit/irrelevant items at their own store.

i also love Motoki (i didn't know his name until now). i don't buy much from seven, but he is one of the best SAs i have come across.

frank at sydney's in toronto is a great (i'm sure you a great too hali, but i haven't been in the store since you started working there).

Basically if you are not the gigantic creepy bald man at TNT I am happy.

i'm pretty sure this guy hates me. for like a year i would go in about once a month and ask him if the same pair of jr grey gardens, that they had already had for about a year and half, were on sale. each time he would tell they weren't on sale because they were getting more in shortly. he and i both knew they were not getting anymore.

i hate SAs that try to sell you old shit and claim that it is new. do they not realise that we are on fashion message boards talking about these clothes all the time?

i also love Motoki (i didn't know his name until now). i don't buy much from seven, but he is one of the best SAs i have come across.

I second this, I'm a peasant to the fullest. I only looked at sales stuff and he was still the coolest dude ever and BEYOND helpful.

SO DOPE.

Went to Barney's (Seattle) today and had the worst customer service I've ever experienced. As soon as I walked in the first employee I saw looked at me enter and didn't say a word, instead trailed me as I walked by as if I were about to steal something and run. Then the other employees wouldn't talk to me at all, one even walked through me without saying excuse me or apologizing, only time I'll ever return there would be for F+B at severe discount </rant>

I always have pretty horrible customer service there. I usually enter from the street entrance so I have to walk through women's jewelry and all the SA there mug at me. I only get a "Hi" half the times. Think it's because I'm younger than their typical customer (only a college student) so they don't think I can afford stuff from there.

So...hate being treated like I can't afford pieces from the store because of my age. I get this at Barney's and Cole Haan (in U Village) all the time.

I always have pretty horrible customer service there. I usually enter from the street entrance so I have to walk through women's jewelry and all the SA there mug at me. I only get a "Hi" half the times. Think it's because I'm younger than their typical customer (only a college student) so they don't think I can afford stuff from there.

So...hate being treated like I can't afford pieces from the store because of my age. I get this at Barney's and Cole Haan (in U Village) all the time.

Yeah, let's just say I'm younger than you. Probably thought the same of me too

"Consider the case of Wesley, 38, who says a salesman in NYC "practically offered me sex if I bought the suit that I was trying on. He kept barging into the dressing room and touching me in borderline inappropriate ways, and saying things like 'It fits you so well in the crotch area,' and 'Just get undressed and I'll bring you more to try on.' I didn't know whether to feel flattered or violated."

That would be a no-no for me.

i'm pretty sure this guy hates me. for like a year i would go in about once a month and ask him if the same pair of jr grey gardens, that they had already had for about a year and half, were on sale. each time he would tell they weren't on sale because they were getting more in shortly. he and i both knew they were not getting anymore.

i hate SAs that try to sell you old shit and claim that it is new. do they not realise that we are on fashion message boards talking about these clothes all the time?

But this behavior is also annoying as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

the original s5a was known for it's "leave my store you baby-faced trendy" years ago but seemingly overnight, they figured out there was a lot of money in that stuff. then they had all these eurotrash wannabes trying too hard. the former was much more preferable.

another thing i love is when you walk into a store and some chick working there blatantly elevator eyes you.

the original s5a was known for it's "leave my store you baby-faced trendy" years ago but seemingly overnight, they figured out there was a lot of money in that stuff. then they had all these eurotrash wannabes trying too hard. the former was much more preferable.

another thing i love is when you walk into a store and some chick working there blatantly elevator eyes you.

Speaking of Saks...y'all heard about them trying to sue a customer who was able to buy some jewelry for cheap?

Since I don't get paid based on commission I don't ever have a need to push anything on a customer and also never hope to (sometimes these new managers get all uppidty about sale numbers and shit). I even recommend other stores around that may have what a customer may be looking for but mostly I end up giving directions to whatever "hotspot" in downtown baltimore they are trying to get too.

i was a sales assistant at diesel in santana row back in my corny days

the store itself sucked, but working on santana row was pretty interesting. Its an upper-class areas with bars/lounges and restaurants all up and down the row.

Often times drunk people would walk in and there would be good times.

One time this girl asked me to come into the fitting room to check out how the jeans fit here and she wasn't wearing any

Another time i asked this lady if she'd like to try on a pair of jeans to which she replied "no, but if you're lucky you can see me out of mine." I blushed and then she quickly said "you remind me of this old western guy that used to be on tv when i was 9 years old and i am madly in love with him" WTF?

drunk bitches dancing on tables and slappng each other with jeans

ive got more of these....including dudes who tred to get fresh....including this buff black dude who had his right arm sleeved up with ejaculating dicks (hellamo)

I have bad luck with bad SAs apparently... Went to try on a pair of PS boots today and first had to wait forever for an SA to even offer to help (which I wasn't too concerned about anyway, there were a lot of people there at the time) and then when the guy asks me if I need anything I ask him if they have any of the PS Corso boots in stock and he says he'll go in the back and check, standing around for at least 20 min (looking like an idiot the whole time) and I finally ask another SA who's able to tell me in seconds that they don't have it in stock and offers to check to see if they have it at any other locations. Long story short: never saw that piece of shit first SA again... The second one even went into the back to check and he came out within a couple of minutes

i was a sales assistant at diesel in santana row back in my corny days

the store itself sucked, but working on santana row was pretty interesting. Its an upper-class areas with bars/lounges and restaurants all up and down the row.

Often times drunk people would walk in and there would be good times.

One time this girl asked me to come into the fitting room to check out how the jeans fit here and she wasn't wearing any

Another time i asked this lady if she'd like to try on a pair of jeans to which she replied "no, but if you're lucky you can see me out of mine." I blushed and then she quickly said "you remind me of this old western guy that used to be on tv when i was 9 years old and i am madly in love with him" WTF?

drunk bitches dancing on tables and slappng each other with jeans

ive got more of these....including dudes who tred to get fresh....including this buff black dude who had his right arm sleeved up with ejaculating dicks (hellamo)

Santana Row is where people with lots of money and no taste go to pay someone to tell them that they look great and ask if they would like to put it on their American Express or their Visa.

for real

at some times people actually believed i knew what the hell i was talking about and trusted my opinion

edit: also, consider the stores all within a block radius: ted baker, donald j pliner, oakley, urban outfitters, HM, gucci, burberry and tommy bahama

i swear santana row is breeding grounds for CWG's and CAG's

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan at Roden Gray was good. He remembered me each time I went in, he'd take off taxes, even knew the kinda stuff I like.

I haven't been there a lot since last Spring but I dread going inside these days. Its starting to feel like those high-end boutiques with SAs that don't treat me like a real customer and barely pay attention to me compare to the rich azns that buy that CDG stuff.