Is the dollar f'ing with your internet shopping?

jude_smith

Cause it sure is for me. I'm from Australia and our dollar is at around 67c it was worse so I shouldn't complain. The main thing for me tho is I'm a lot more hesitant to cop online as now the risk is greater (i.e. not happy with fit, quality etc.). Is it messing with anyone else?

The pound has bombed against the dollar. I want the exchange of 2:1 back for the bargain that buying from the US used to be.

Oh yeah, the rate is still ok; around $1.55 - $1.60 to the pound. We've just been been spoiled when in the first half of this year you were getting upwards of $2.10 to the pound.

btbam, for real looking at importing yeah? Opening a boutique or just doing the distro? What labels you looking at? I could imagine the dollar going down has fucked with margins considerably still no reason not do it tho. I feel you Kesnel you get spoilt and when shit evens out it's hard get used to paying what you did back in the day.

Ha yeah it's flipped back to being a bit better for you Americans. Someone was telling me the other day that the Aus dollar had gotten quite strong against the yen wish I'd known I'd of gone here and here now only if I could read japanese...

I wish. For the last few years until about July this year you would get more than 100 Yen for the Aussie dollar and buying anything from Japan was still expensive. It's now 65! I don't even bother looking at rakuten or zozo anymore.

i used to do about 70% of my shopping for clothes via the web (usually try on in stores and then order for cheaper from US websites)...now with the Cdn. dollar down, i've had to cut down.

the only way i get around it is by selling stuff in paypal and getting back US funds, so i purchase again in US dollars.

luckily there's a few quality canadian retailers that i deal with (nomad, roden grey). but it totally kills denim purchases from self edge, where duty and the exchange can add up to 75 bucks to my purchase price.

1 U.S. dollar = 3.55 Malaysian ringgits.

it used to be 1 usd = 3.20 about five months ago.

no more spending spree for me! and malaysians clothing stores are shitty in general and the imported high end stuff are taxed like crazy.