What do you do with your keys?

Lawl.

• 6 months later...

Dug this thread outta the abyss...just thought I'd share:

'The Original Jean Ring', hugely popular in Japan, picked up from Hollywood Ranch Market:

P7312971.jpg

Haven't had the chance to use this beast yet:

P7312970.jpg

'Fatty and Nutty Brothers', picked up from Detente in Daikanyama.

Such a simple and common item, but I have no idea where I'd go about purchasing one.

Go to a locksmith shop. A lot of times they have random stuff like this for sale.

I used to ride with a key caddy. It is like a tape measure. It had a wound up chain which had a keychain at the end of it. You would pull on the keys and the key caddy would give out some slack and when you let go of the keys, they would snap back into place. Tacky looking, but in general I think people building up collections of crap around their waist looks tacky. Like redmoon bags, a wallet chain, and a keyhook, just too much.

• 11 months later...

I'm surprised so many of you still use carabiners and keyhooks. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it just seems careless to me.

Or maybe I'm too paranoid. This is what I use, upgrading to a better shell sometime in the future.

feb152010325.jpg

Yes, they usually have a selection in the area where they sell rope/chain. My local Lowe's has them in a selection of various sizes and they're around $2-3.

Anyone know where I can get something similar to this? Would the hardware store be my best bet?

In general I wear a 5-pocket jean and they have these really cool things in the front called "pockets." I tend to put my keys inside one of these "pockets," right or left, usually left. It is almost like whoever designed the 5-pocket jean was thinking about the possibility that people would have stuff to carry around with them and this stuff could be put in a "pocket." Really utilitarian. I see that some of you have even found that there is a back pocket and a wallet fits really well in there. Now, just extend this same property to your pockets on the front.

In general I wear a 5-pocket jean and they have these really cool things in the front called "pockets." I tend to put my keys inside one of these "pockets," right or left, usually left. It is almost like whoever designed the 5-pocket jean was thinking about the possibility that people would have stuff to carry around with them and this stuff could be put in a "pocket." Really utilitarian. I see that some of you have even found that there is a back pocket and a wallet fits really well in there. Now, just extend this same property to your pockets on the front.

Exactly.

I generally just have my house key with me in my front pocket, no keychain. Even with car keys and a remote in my tightest jeans, I don't think the bulge is anything to worry about.