Rogue Territory Jeans

jedihabitat

• 3 weeks later...

ehhh been wanting to get into a pair of rt's forever now, but ive always had sizing questions, and im starting to think that maybe this brand might not suit my body type (ive heard this before for others)..

almost bought a pair of sk's last night, but was able to gather myself and shoot karl an email and decided to ask around a little more..

dan, sorry for all the questions, man, but did you size down from the tagged size or "waist band"? and why do the sk's taper so much? the top block seems all good, but they taper much more than a pair im in now and wish they didnt so much, so im a little bit aprehensive about going to sk route, fear of the jegging.. im sure you getting yours hemmed down to a 34" def alleviated some of the tapering/jeggingness..

my ideal cut would be something like levis 511.. just straight skinny with a nice size hem opening..

and then i was also wondering if i could achieve something like this with the stantons? maybe sizing down a bunch? im true waist 29.5-30.. but every pic ive seen of skinny kids in stantons, they look too baggy.. and the top block rear looks crappy.. some with a little meat on them can pull it off and they look sick..

that kid they always feature on rt's blog- modernman? his sk fitting is on point.. i think theyre post hemming.. cause he had some earlier on pics i wasnt feeling at all..

i like the skinny cut on some brands, because im skinny.. not for trend reasons or anything.. and tapered stuff just seems dumb for a guy like me, since im rail thin all the way up..

any help would be appreciated.. thanks guys..

and i realize that these are questions which may be best answered by karl.. but i know hes a busy man, no telling when ill hear back from him, or if my message didnt just go to his spam.. plus you guys seem to have a lot of experience yourselves..

jb/momos im in now..

Size 29 (30" waist, 9.25" rise, 10" thigh, 7.4" knee, 39" inseam, 6.8" leg opening) with same stretching amount and rt claims on its site..

sk's (in same size?)

TAG SIZE 29: WB:15 FRONT RISE: 9.25 BACK RISE:14.25 UPPER THIGH:10.75 KNEE:6.75 HEM:6.25

damn.. dont think i could handle it from the knee down to be honest.. or is it really that bad? im not a tailor/measurement guy, so i dont know..

and dan, i also dig your fits too.. are those the sk's youre wearing in the pic above? get any droopy ass?

Edited by jus schilling

if you're a tall skinny guy who likes skinny jeans then i don't see why the SK won't do you fine. the 6.25 hem on the sk once re-hemmed up a few inches would be more like 6.5 & i doubt that you'd really notice the difference. in regards to the stantons, the 28's look like they'd also suit you fine.

also keep in mind that other people's fits are very misleading and it's very hard to size by looking at other people as there are so many variables to take into account. in the end just go with your gut feeling, advice is fine & good but the only person who know's your body size is you...

failing that you can pm me for another option that might work for you.

thanks man! good points.. ive wanted a pair for a while, but always stopped myself last minute or told myself id swing thru amrag when in LA.. thanks for your willingness to help.. ill wait for karl to hit me back to see what he says..

^ I think you'd like the fit of the SK's. I have the Stantons - I'm lean, not skinny, and find that cut is perfect for me. The construction & materials on Karl's clothes are outstanding, you won't be disappointed if you find the fit you like.

Here are my Dark Stantons. Six months, just had their second wash. Probably 3-4 months effective wear....

7461049492_a69d776fc7_z.jpg

^nice! love the way those wear.. was thinking about getting a pair, but nowhere has my size.. yeah, ill probably go the sk route.. karl said hed check some measurements and get back to me.. thanks..

good looking jacket Karl's evidently working on. I like the tonal stitching of the black - my vote would be for the same on the indigo. And indigo duck!

Also what is the purpose of that rogue buttonhole that seems to be showing up on more and more workwear jackets?

8b5c3af2c0ec11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

2921cf4ac0ed11e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

why are the measurements on the shirts so small?? I've got some chub, but I'm not huge and I'm thinking the XL wouldn't even work based on the measurements. I'd love a double indigo, but a 22" chest on an XL just seems excessively small. Guess I could measure some shirts I know fit me.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys! Discovered Rogue Territory last week and I think the Stanton would be a perfect fit for me and I'd love to purchase from Karl. Everyone seems to be really pleased with the quality of his goods!

However, sizing wise I'm not too sure and I'm hesitating between a size 31 & 32. I'm 5"7 and 176 lbs and here's a pic of me wearing a Levis 511 in 32 :

Sans%20titre.jpg

I'll post the measurement of those jeans tonight so we can compare them to Karl's measurements taking the strecthing into account :

WB : 16; Front rise : 9.45; Back rise : 13.4; Thigh : 11; Knee : 8; Leg opening : 7.5

So far do you guys think a 31 or 32 would be better ?

Edited by M4xime

good looking jacket Karl's evidently working on. I like the tonal stitching of the black - my vote would be for the same on the indigo. And indigo duck!

Also what is the purpose of that rogue buttonhole that seems to be showing up on more and more workwear jackets?

8b5c3af2c0ec11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

2921cf4ac0ed11e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

The 'extra' buttonhole is for a watch chain. Back in the days of fob watches the chain would go through that hole and the watch would be kept in the breast pocket which would have a hole in the side but not the top, to prevent the watch from falling out when bending over.

@ m4xime

RT jeans are sanforized (pre-shrunk), so if your current jeans measure 32" buy something that measures a 30.5" or 31". They'll be snug at first but will stretch out nicely.

Once you pick your waist size it'll be easy to determine the rest (thigh, knee, hem)

Picked up AR-G trousers in bronzea about 2 weeks ago, and going to pick up the RK ISCs once they hit the online store after pre-order. Karl is one of the coolest guys in the business, really helpful and informative. Will put up fit picture tomorrow.

@ m4xime

RT jeans are sanforized (pre-shrunk), so if your current jeans measure 32" buy something that measures a 30.5" or 31". They'll be snug at first but will stretch out nicely.

Once you pick your waist size it'll be easy to determine the rest (thigh, knee, hem)

I think that would actually be too tight under the knee area because the 511 that I measured are already quite tight in this area and I'd want just a little bit of space. I actually want them to follow the shape of my without feeling them all around my skin likes leggings would feel. Don't know if I'm expressing myself clearly :/

Hey guys, extremely new here and I'm interested in a pair of 14.5 oz Stanton's... are size 28 Stanton's really 30" in the waist? I have a pair of size 30 APC's that are 31" in the waist but they're a little loose on me so my next pair I get I want to make sure are 30" in the waistband.

Thanks for all the help!

-Mike