123 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Ps3
    • Xbox 360

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread (not the content just the idea) has spurred me to buy a 1080p TV and a ps3. Is there any point to buying the higher GB models if you already have a 1.5 terabyte harddrive in your computer and HDMI out from your vid card?

the older ones (60 gb i think) let you play ps1/2 games

newer ones dont

check on a forum or something

im not sure of the models off hand

Changed my mind! Xbox seems like such a better investment since it's modable and is receiving most of the good titles that I would have had to purchase on the Ps3. Ps3 in a few months.

honestly, I made that decision long time ago and now I got rid of that box.. Ps3 is the way now. If you're coppin a 360, you're basically gettin the same shit on ps3 except for the exclusives on 360 (GOW2, halo, etc etc).. If you like FPS games, 360 is the way for you, if you like overall versatility, performance ps3 is your choice.

Cop a ps3, and you'll be better off in the long run trust me..I learned my lesson.

An entire thread and nobody pointed out how ridiculously annoying that sig is?

Get a PS3. Cheap Blu-Ray, the 80gb model still does backwards-compatibility (or get an old refurb 60gb), and you can bank on it being the more common system shortly anyways. You love all things from Japan so I'd assume you'd want in on some of the RPG's too.

I don't any of the new gen, sticking with a PS2 and GC for the time being. Gfunk, GT5 player? Word.

controversial opionion:

resistance > gears of war

As a person who's beaten both, i have to say that GoW seems like a cheap thrill ride as you run around with your company of roid monsters, slamming yourself into cover spots and blasting away the baddies. Resistance made me feel like shit actually matters, mainly because it actually takes place in 1945 England. Going up against the Chimera with your shitty WWII weaponry is more badass if you actually think about it.

Someone else weigh in on this.

I have a brand new modded ps2 so I won't need backwads compat. is the HD removable/replaceable?

Yeah, any SATA 2.5 drive will do, just a few screws are in the way. Newegg is your friend.

Gears was pretty cool, from what little I played of it, I just don't like Epic's character design past Unreal (the first one). the Gears dudes look like rhinos walking on two legs. Much better than the terrible animation of UT, though.

controversial opionion:

resistance > gears of war

As a person who's beaten both, i have to say that GoW seems like a cheap thrill ride as you run around with your company of roid monsters, slamming yourself into cover spots and blasting away the baddies. Resistance made me feel like shit actually matters, mainly because it actually takes place in 1945 England. Going up against the Chimera with your shitty WWII weaponry is more badass if you actually think about it.

Someone else weigh in on this.

i enjoyed both but i recently played them again and i prefer gears' cover system over resistance just stand behind a wall method. i admit though gears art looks stupid. might as well make maria with huge biceps wielding a bazooka. but then again cod 4 shits on both of these for me.

ign gave resistance 2 a buncha 9's though so i hope itll be good.

as far as systems go ps3>xbox imo.

almost two years and still no piracy for the PS3

I have never been more disappointed in asian children

could it be that they're waiting for heavy titles to drop before they release their hack?

patient little bastards

anyways

right now, the blueray drive in the PS3 is too slow

I'm waiting for the 'refreshed' version, which will hopefully also have the emotion engine

Im so totally late for this.

Heres the difference:

360 = toy for kids

ps3 = system with exponential amounts of potential

Does the 360 have more games than the ps3? Yeah, but are even half of them worth more than a rental?

Sony has decided to take the old Nintendo route which was quality over quantity. Ps3 games look and sound better than 360 games. Ps3s heavy hitters are just now rolling off the line when xbox's only real bangers are gears of war (which was easy as shit) and halo 3 (which was shit).

Just think about it. The only thing keeping most of you from getting a ps3 is the price tag

Im so totally late for this.

Heres the difference:

360 = toy for kids

ps3 = system with exponential amounts of potential

Does the 360 have more games than the ps3? Yeah, but are even half of them worth more than a rental?

Sony has decided to take the old Nintendo route which was quality over quantity. Ps3 games look and sound better than 360 games. Ps3s heavy hitters are just now rolling off the line when xbox's only real bangers are gears of war (which was easy as shit) and halo 3 (which was shit).

Just think about it. The only thing keeping most of you from getting a ps3 is the price tag

What's a good game(s) people can pick up and play online for years?

360 if you just want to play games. 360 has a superior library and all that. 360 versions of games are, without hesitation, and I can't think of any exception, superior to their PS 3 counterparts.

PS3 has great multimedia features + games. Pirating movies and uploading them onto a PS3 to watch on your TV is seriously the greatest thing ever.

What's a good game(s) people can pick up and play online for years?

Gran Turismo 5.

Ichi, funny story: a good friend of mine works as a production tester at tryarch. Shes gonna give me her free copy once it comes out since she doesnt really care about video games outside of work (: