teeth problems?

stayhandsome

Most of the people I hang out with have perfect teeth. My mouth is diffrent. I brush twice a day and all that but I blame being raised on two liters of soda and birthday cake for breakfast for the following problems.

I am missing a molar from having a root canal done then the tooth break over a period of two years, have been growing my wisdom teeth for a year now, got a chipped front tooth from being headwalked on at a hc show, cracked front other tooth from having my head bashed into a basketball pole during a playground fight in 3rd grade by a 5th grader, got cavities. I still eat birthday cake for breakfast though.

Also (unlike most of you) my parents have always been broke. I got these crazy gaps in my teeth that I like now but hated when I was coming up. I could not get braces or whatever was needed to fix my shit.

What's up with your mouth?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my parents were good enough to put me in braces though looking back they could not really afford it

that said my orthodontist did not do a great job so my teeth have wandered a bit (i never wore my retainer because my teeth were arranged in such a way that my molars could not touch when i bit down---my incisors made contact first)

i take dental hygiene pretty seriously now after twenty odd years of neglect

i have fillings in all or most of my molars

going through the process of replacing the mercury with the porcelain

had the wisdom teeth out-----a week of vomiting blood followed by a week of oxycodone haze

i blame growing up without flouride in the water in a 3rd world country

and i blame the sugar-fixation i adopted in the USA

a deadly combo

i want teeth cufflinks

i tell you what

dental care in the USA is a sight better than it was in the Philippines

I remember the dentist COMING TO MY HOUSE with a little doctor's bag full of tools-------my father had to drag me out of my bedroom by my feet while i clutched the doorframe. actually, one of the better experiences was when a faith healer extracted my teeth with his bare hands.

i also have a memory of watching the retarded people at my mom's school (she was the principal for a school for the retarded) in panic when they caught sight of these ENORMOUS needles homing in on their faces

ive never had braces, i forget to brush alot, and i never floss. i smoke a pack a day and drink coffee... and somehow i still have perfectly straight, cavity free, almost white teeth.

i feel sorry for you all who werent blessed with good genetics. im a lucky motherfucker... if i wasnt, id probably be missing more than a few teeth

I've had braces twice, headgear, an expander, a permanent underwire retainter, spacers, and a bracket attached to a roof in the top of my mouth that was slowly dragged into the right place. My first orthodontist put me in all of that execpt for the second set of braces. He's the most expensive orthodonist in richmond and he fucking sucked. He wanted to break my jaw so we got a second opinion and everyone else said all I needed was one set of braces from the begining. Also I've had countless oral surgeries.

oh and I just got out of the last set of braces like six-nine months ago and they gave me a clear retainer but I never wore it and my teeth are a little messed up again but I don't fucking care

i feel sorry for you all who werent blessed with good genetics. im a lucky motherfucker... if i wasnt, id probably be missing more than a few teeth

My genetics are on point. I feel that teeth are utilitarian and think how people are obsessive about their allignment is just a struggle to conform for acceptance.. not saying your one of them, of course. :D

I despise the dentist.

The maddest my mom ever was with me was ....when I was at the dentist getting some tooth pulled when I was a kid.

I hated the sound of the tools in my mouth, and I hated this particular creepy old man even more. He had this tattered big bird poster on the ceiling to make you feel at home, but instead all you could really think about was how big his attendants' tits were and how you would rather stare at them but couldn't get away with it. and how he had bad breath and a moustache like some criminal you saw on unsolved mysteries last night. that show made me wet the bed til I was like 16.

anyway, long story short, he told me to tell him if the procedure hurt at all and instead the minute I felt pain I bit the hell out of his hand.