teeth problems?

stayhandsome

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the beginning of the year i decided to visit my dentist for the first time in 13 years. i cracked one of my wisdom teeth eating some tasty snacks, and figured i should have it looked at. i went in thinking no problem, i've been lucky on the cavity/decay front, and ended up needing 7 cavities filled and one root canal, with deep cleaning in all four corners of the mouth. took 3 months. it was all actually pretty painless to go through except for the deep cleaning. that was the worst shit.

a couple hours of a scary dentist experience is worth not having to worry about your teeth falling apart and causing you immense pain whenever you consume whatever is hot or cold.

you can do it! timber can hold your hand in the lobby! choose a savvy young dentist as you have no obligation to your old one!

I like dentists. The only thing that doesn't work with me is when they step into the dark and shady doctor zone, taking out wisdom teeth and sticking needles into your arm. Nooooooooooooooooo.

Probably the worst dental experience I had growing up was there was this TV in the dental examination room and I was always embarrassed to watch cartoons so I always watched Much Music while getting cleanings and it was torture, just torture.

Most of the people I hang out with have perfect teeth. My mouth is diffrent. I brush twice a day and all that but I blame being raised on two liters of soda and birthday cake for breakfast for the following problems.

I am missing a molar from having a root canal done then the tooth break over a period of two years, have been growing my wisdom teeth for a year now, got a chipped front tooth from being headwalked on at a hc show, cracked front other tooth from having my head bashed into a basketball pole during a playground fight in 3rd grade by a 5th grader, got cavities. I still eat birthday cake for breakfast though.

Also (unlike most of you) my parents have always been broke. I got these crazy gaps in my teeth that I like now but hated when I was coming up. I could not get braces or whatever was needed to fix my shit.

What's up with your mouth?

i've had pretty good teeth, straight but a bit small and slight overbite that required retainers

then about 6 years ago I cracked a tooth and since then I've had several cavities, root canals and capping. everytime I see the dentist some new shit appears now I scurred

I had braces and a headgear. Headgear I only had two wear for 2-4 months but I never wore it. Finally the dentist just told me he was gonna take my braces off in 3 months cause he was sick of me not wearing it so for those 3 months I wore it 12+ hours a day.

Teeth are ok now, I usually have some buildup and shit when I go in for cleaning and some staining from drinking tea and coffee. My front teeth overlap a bit too but I don't really mind it.

Shit there's some crazy teeth stories. How's that movie with Tom Hanks where he knocks a tooth out with an ice skate....arrrggggg.

kunkilton 8K! Sheeeesh.....thats a lot of jawn money.

I never took care of my braces. Once one of the brackets came off my tooth, so I just took it off the wire. Then I took the wire out. Eventually the same thing happened on the bottom too, so I was just walking around with 6 useless brackets. At the time (high school) I was really into puck rock, and considered my teeth to be studded.

I've had mixed luck with teeth. Still have a mold from when I started going to the ortho around 8 or 9... can't believe how fucked up my mouth was. Had the lip bumper, had the headgear (only 8 hours a night so that was easy enough though), wore my braces for probably about 5 years because we moved and I didn't go for a long long time. Because of that my dentist situation was hit-and-miss, but I found one a few months ago that I like, so I've got that now. Because I hadn't been in years, had three cavities. Found out my wisdom teeth will probably never come in, which is awesome news.

Because I never wore my retainer, I have one bottom tooth near the front that's twisted a tiny bit. One of the odd things when I had braces; they had to engineer a way to increase my overbite; the braces had lowered it to somewhere between %5-10, apparently the optimal is around 20.

my orthodontist was a cocksucker and my parents were fools for listening to him.

had braces from 6-9th grade

retainer ffor 10-11

braces from 11-14th (yes, college)

Got fucking sick of em and just had em removed. Never wore the retainer after. My teeth are straight now (mostly) but i have TMJ from the fucking rubber bands. Fuck orthodontists.

Naturally straight and really strong, but I've pissed it away a bit. I have lots of fillings in my molars and an impacted wisdom tooth I have yet to fix.

I wish I could tear them all out and replace them with a set of these:

pix.jpg