General TV show discussion

mrip

In general, I just find the show really boring. I seriously dislike Ron Perlman (Clay) and it's almost unbearable watching that Neandertal attempt to act. There are so many terrible actors on the show... the dude who plays Tig initally comes to mind.

I'll admit that it's been several years since I watched Season 1, but I don't recall it being bad. Season 2 was about some white power group and was forgettable. Basically every episode of Season 3 focused on the gang trying to rescue Jax's kidnapped son... god that season was fucking bad. And the last two seasons have been more forgettable bullshit trying to make a story with drama among Jax, Tara, Gemma, and Clay.

The entire show is just a drama triangle with Jax, Gemma, and Clay. Then each season, the writers add a few characters to the mix of that drama (so I guess it technically isn't a triangle anymore).

Yeah I watch the show, but I basically watch everything on television. And honestly, it serves as background noise while I'm doing other shit because it's completely uninteresting. I'm not saying you shouldn't watch it, but I am saying that there is WAY better stuff on television, i.e. Breaking Bad.

I can understand this now, as I've gotten through to the end of Season 4. I still find the show enjoyable, but there definitely is a lack of substance per se. Season 3 was definitely dragged out and boring but entertaining to watch at the same time, if that makes sense. Breaking Bad is definitely better and I'm going to start watching that some more.

I got pretty interested in Suits last year and I think that is making it's come back pretty soon

I got pretty interested in Suits last year and I think that is making it's come back pretty soon

Suits went from a guilty pleasure to a show that I really enjoy.

I like to pretend that everyone in NYC lives/behaves like the dudes in Suits. And maybe everyone up there pretends that people down south all live in a Justified episode.

new season of californication has been great. very happy. havent got around to finishing all of shameless, but slowly working on it.

New season meaning season 6? I was glad to see that the entire last episode in season 5 wasn't a dream seeing how everything went so perfect for Hank

anything besides girls and californication start?

girls is the same shit

nice seeing hank being a total mess again

anything besides girls and californication start?

girls is the same shit

nice seeing hank being a total mess again

Watch spiral.

^ How did I actually watch every season of Weeds? :(

Justified is off to a great start. Olyphant and Walter Goggins are both great.

Random comment... Last night I got into an argument with this girl cuz she was saying House of Lies is the second best show on television (behind Breaking Bad). Then she proceeded to say "I bet you're one of those people who likes The Wire, aren't you?" She began talking about falling asleep during the first few episodes, and I immediately hated everything about her existence.

Edited by Layne

does justified have an actual plot?

i watched a few eps when it first aired and it seemed like every ep was a 'monster of the week' and i couldnt get into it.

also please rate it accordingly: major network level, tbs level, showtime level, hbo level

-thx

Agree with Mag about Justified. Get thru the first several eps and it really starts to develop. I've said numerous times that it gets better every season, IMO at least.

As far as ratings... it's probably my favorite show on FX (I do love Louie though). I'm not gonna say it's as good as the top tier HBO shows, but it's a solid series.

i think like most cop shows(major network level), it will always have that 1 badguy/ep thing. but certain characters keep the overall backplot going. interestingly enough, the setting allows for lots of potential story.

think

The Shield x Dexter by The Man with No Name