Nom de Guerre S/S 09

painfully_inept

yah that sweater is really nice. I also love those tshirts. Not sure how I feel about the high button suit jackets though.

nom-de-guerre-SS09-14.png

I really like the windbreaker on the right.

i'm not climaxing like i was with past seasons, but its clean except for a few exceptions (i don't care how fashion-edge it is, 4 buttons on a standard blazer will never fly, and that cropped peacoat is femme as fuck, which is not something i look for in nom de guerre)

too much like aw08, where are the floral prints! fruity prints were my favorite part of ndg ss collections

only interesting thing is the outerwear only because it continues to shrink in the face of many other designers favoring the top-heavy silhouette

but then raf has shrunken outerwear/tops with much more interesting results

too much like aw08, where are the floral prints! fruity prints were my favorite part of ndg ss collections

I'd say it's more of a continuation of F/W08. I like the old style cavalry and aviator looks with the riding boots, but not much else. The pieces will probably much better on their own outside of the runway presentation.

Hitler youth look is the only good look from this though, and I find it fascinating that they are blatantly referencing that unfortunate group of children.

Having said that, this sucks

edit: actually, only most of it sucks, the button down with the cadet braids and shit is ok

Hitler youth look is the only good look from this though, and I find it fascinating that they are blatantly referencing that unfortunate group of children.

Having said that, this sucks

edit: actually, only most of it sucks, the button down with the cadet braids and shit is ok

it may resemble to the hitlerjugend but don't you forget that more people than only the hitler jugend looked like those on photo's above. I am part German and I've seen the pictures of before and during the hitler jugend and my Grandfather also dressed the same before there was a Nazi Germany.

Ok wow. I'm not sure this collection should be seen as a ringing endorsement of the third reich. I can easily see this as well (the overall military theme) but I think a lot of this can be attributed to the fact that we are looking at a group of very European, very idealized models.

Try picturing some of these looks on people you actually know from your everyday life: it goes from Aryan youth to chubby cub scout and from Nazi aviator to someone with expensive clothes but less impressive cheekbones.

It's just a fact that a majority of high fashion runway shows and photo shoots are looking for the type of body, face and skin tone that gave Hitler a serious boner. While out in the real world you can run into people of all ages, size and color with amazing style.

Chanel designed the uniforms for the Nazi party as a favor so that Hitler's involvement with France would not disrupt her business. They did some pretty awful things, but damn did they look good while doing it.

You have Hugo Boss and Chanel mixed up.

Chanel was a nurse in the French Army because her business got shut down...or something

You have Hugo Boss and Chanel mixed up.

Chanel was a nurse in the French Army because her business got shut down...or something

Not quite- though I guess its more of a rumor. I know that Hugo Boss designed for the SS, but he was also Austrian and it was kind of unavoidable at the time.

Chanel was rumored to have had an affair with a Nazi spy during the occupation and this is probably where the idea of the deal between her and the Nazis stems from.

To be fair, maybe the Chanel company is denying to speak upon the issue, Hugo Boss did not acknowledge the fact till 1993 or so.