the tennis thread

Lab

^wish I could play today... no time. shit.

yall hella gay

id own yall at tennis

used to play nationals until my meningitis

now i just win local tourneys

will have lessons at uni next year because im not willing to give the game up

federer vs nadal was insane i got that shit on my desktop.

don't doubt it, you're one some viennese bourgeois tip (just playin)

I rock a vintage (must be from when they started making composite racquets) Wilson Pro Staff Classic that my dad played with forever. Recently restrung/regripped. So nice, best weight, I can smash with it so good.

will post pics later.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest youkinorn
hi hello

i am at work but want to play tennis

i cant until 9pm and that is like 4 1/2 hours from now very angry

i need better grip on my topspin serve help me out

this one time i was playing tennis and my parents divorced

close grip + toss way behind you + arch back a lot = mega top spin kick serve

also, monfils has greatly disappointed me.

• 4 months later...

howdy howdy

tennis background is as follows:

I am 15 years old and will most likely be attending The Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy starting August with trips there in between. Been playing for about 10 years, about 5 competitively. Uhh, I give lessons during the summer months and all that.

My Pops is a certified USTA teaching professional, High School coach, and certified tennis training pro or something rather.

Man, not many tennis threads in not tennis related forums, happy this is here. If any of you have any questions or anything dont be afraid to ask (not trying to sound like a super star super tennis nerd, but I can probably help).

Djokovic retiring is by no means a bad win for andy or you cannot say that he wuld have beatin andy. The heat and being fit is all part of the game.

If fed plays like he did against de porto against andy, Mr. Roddick will have a new asshole with Federer tatted on it.

howdy howdy

tennis background is as follows:

I am 15 years old and will most likely be attending The Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy starting August with trips there in between. Been playing for about 10 years, about 5 competitively. Uhh, I give lessons during the summer months and all that.

My Pops is a certified USTA teaching professional, High School coach, and certified tennis training pro or something rather.

Man, not many tennis threads in not tennis related forums, happy this is here. If any of you have any questions or anything dont be afraid to ask (not trying to sound like a super star super tennis nerd, but I can probably help).

you are prolly better than all of us.

whenever i play a lot, i have to get new strings every 2 weeks. is this normal?

you are prolly better than all of us.

whenever i play a lot, i have to get new strings every 2 weeks. is this normal?

yeah its normal if you are playing a lot or if you're a hard hitter or hit with a lot of spin or just have thin strings

i used to play like 3-4 hours a day pretty much everyday and my strings would go out every couple weeks or so

YO I AM PUMPED FOR THE SEASON TO START AGAIN REAL SOON

IT MEANS I DONT SIT IN MY ROOM ANYMORE

AND ILL GET EVEN MORE FIT THAN I AM NOW (IM FIT)

FUQQ I LOVE TENNIS BUT I HATE THAT I CANT WATCH AUS OPEN CUZ I DONT HAVE A TV

FUQQ

q_q

watch it on the internet http://channelsurfing.net/

but yeah the weathers been great here in cali so i've started playing tennis early. This is the only thing in my entire life that i can ditch hanging out/parties for....

EDIT: Andy Roddick's revenge for the US open they both played horrible though

I live with the University of Washington Men's Tennis team and ESPN is on 24/7 during the Australian Open. They definitely had some close matches this year, but I think last year's open was a little more intense. The roddick federer match was pretty pathetic...

I live with the University of Washington Men's Tennis team and ESPN is on 24/7 during the Australian Open. They definitely had some close matches this year, but I think last year's open was a little more intense. The roddick federer match was pretty pathetic...

what the fuck do u guys even play tennis? that shit was one sides but that shit was good to me it was a clash of differing styles how can u rag on that? usually in games like these esp for roddick nigga either steps up or gets beat down and u cant say roddick didnt pull out some out of character ass shit

also it showed roddicks weak points and how truly versatile someone like federer is

they wouldve rallying and shit if jock made it but that nigga was playing fucking horrible vs roddick(both of them were playing horribly actually) so whos fucking say