Black Rimmed Nerdy Glasses Thread

ken shinoda

tried on some dita thick frame glasses recently.. didnt like.

not feelin it when its 'too nerdy' or 'cheap hipster looking' which is how many glasses frames can appear. i don't wanna cop thick, black and come off as "oh, did you get those glasses at UO" or something

I WANT CLASSY AND REFINED :(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Oliver Peoples' store was more or less clueless about the NDG collaboration. Are there any other OP models people can recommend?

where do you live? i have seen the NDG-1 at some of the southern california stores here...

really liked the sheldrake and riley models...

La Jolla.

In other news – http://www.ic-berlin.de/consumer/html/details.php?category=1&frame_id=M1128

I might see if I can find this nearby and see how it looks on my face.

• 2 weeks later...
La Jolla.

In other news – http://www.ic-berlin.de/consumer/html/details.php?category=1&frame_id=M1128

I might see if I can find this nearby and see how it looks on my face.

for you,

Fashion Valley Mall

^they have carried the NDG frame before, if not, make the drive up to South Coast OP

SALT. - Nolan

nolan48blk.jpg

i also like a DITA - Lever

dita-2009-spring-summer-lever-02.jpg?w=400&h=224

So the Oliver Peoples' store was more or less clueless about the NDG collaboration. Are there any other OP models people can recommend?

if your actually in SD and called the fashion valley store I'd recommend going in the store vs calling because there's one female employee who is a bitch to everyone who calls. last time I was in there they has the NDG frames. hope this helps.

if your actually in SD and called the fashion valley store I'd recommend going in the store vs calling because there's one female employee who is a bitch to everyone who calls. last time I was in there they has the NDG frames. hope this helps.

i have met her. such a bitch. someone start a "bitchass SA" thread

i've sent two people (who both made some pretty good purchases) to that OP shop in fashion valley. i specifically told them to go to the asian dude or the white chick. ive had a bad experience with the asian chick. im not hating, im just highlighting.

i have met her. such a bitch. someone start a "bitchass SA" thread

I like you. I think you're my new favorite poster. :)

But god, have any of you been to the APC store in Soho NYC?

There's this one crinkled old hag with an accent that is positively dreadful. Last time I was there, I purchased a shitload, and basically was followed, with her not being the least bit constructive, and an absolute ice queen.

I think i'm swearing off APC. Most of their crap is well, pretty crappy.

nolan48blk.jpg

I like these alot!

Does anyone know how much frames from Salt. are? I cant find information on the price of this frame anywhere.

Thank in advance!

tried these at Eye Society in Costa Mesa. their price was $285

the fit is somewhere between an Oliver Peoples "Riley" and "Sheldrake". get this if you are a fan of that roundier shape.

great vintage stuff here

http://optometristattic.com/PLASTIC_FRAMES.htm

tons of pictures

the 'jamestown' model from the 50s looks real sharp

77392frnt.jpg

someone link me to a repro version of exactly this. thanks