Black Rimmed Nerdy Glasses Thread

ken shinoda

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always admired Yves Saint Laurent's glasses, but I think they were usually tortoise shell.

yves.jpg

x80145058949346984.jpg

YSL-1.jpg

The Nom de Guerre x Oliver Peoples from this season are also very nice. I have a pair that I'm selling if anyone's interested (see sig).

ndg-noir.jpg

14-1.jpg

There is a big glasses thread somewhere on sufu, you'd probably find a few ideas in there if you search for it. Edit: Here you go - http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34949

Why do this cost as much as a virginity in Mainland China:

velvet1110x-img600x450-1219245430wuwvl088343.jpg

These cost so much because they are handmade by 泰八郎 out of celluloid that takes 5 years to harden. Only about 2-300 pairs produced a month. He's been making them the same way for over 40 years, since 1964.

taioki03-thumb.jpg

taioki01-thumb.jpg

taioki02-thumb.jpg

kotaoki01-thumb.jpg

I've been thinking about a pair of the Moscot Yukel's

Badass. I've been hearing some complaints about Moscot's quality recently though - anyone seen something along these lines for the same / lower price point from a quality manufacturer?

Look up Shuron. you can find vintage ones on eGay for the cheap. or just buy from site i think.

Look up Shuron. you can find vintage ones on eGay for the cheap. or just buy from site i think.

im looking at shuron too. i emailed them about their pricing if i ordered from them...great customer service.

I've seen some wearing rayban wayfarers on the street. Hot or not?
everyone's doing it now anyway

Yeah, what? Are you kidding me?

Half the fucking world is wearing them. I don't think there is a single person under 25 who doesn't own an obscurely colored pair by now. Shit is unbelievably played.

glad i found this thread

was watching james dean yesterday and he was wearing some nice glasses. i've seen this style a few times before, but don't know what it is called so i don't know what i have to search for...sucks....can anyone tell me what they are called?

dean.jpg

These cost so much because they are handmade by 泰八郎 out of celluloid that takes 5 years to harden. Only about 2-300 pairs produced a month. He's been making them the same way for over 40 years, since 1964.

Yo i remember seeing a pair of these glasses made by 泰八郎 that had a sort of wooden grain texture on the front that was awesome. Does anyone know where I can find these or even have a picture of them? Thanks.

I've been thinking about a pair of the Moscot Yukel's

yukel-black-clear.jpg

Badass. I've been hearing some complaints about Moscot's quality recently though - anyone seen something along these lines for the same / lower price point from a quality manufacturer?

Cutler & Gross made a pair just like this a couple of years ago. Not sure if they still do. Their website is rubbish, and shows very little of their stock, so you'd need to visit one of their shops to check.

I tried their version of this on at the time. They were a little narrow, and only came in one width. Maybe I have a wide face, though...

Also, I got a pair of Nebb frames (the nerdiest of their black plastic frames?) from Moscot last month, which they made up with my prescription in an hour. I've got no complaints about the quality of the frames or the lenses - and I reckon they were about a third cheaper than Cutler & Gross. And the service there was much more accommodating than that of the uptight poseurs in the London Cutler & Gross store.

Yo i remember seeing a pair of these glasses made by 泰八郎 that had a sort of wooden grain texture on the front that was awesome. Does anyone know where I can find these or even have a picture of them? Thanks.

yahoo japan, or if you are lucky, supermarket.

I would fucking kill for a robert geller one right now.