today was the last day for Stussy / Porter Store in NYC, Huf down to 2 storefronts

the 140 Wooster Store is no more as of today, Sunday.

Soho rents still are rising, so they are now temporarily homeless.

no word yet on a new location.

thousands of miles away, Huf is also down to 2 storefronts, down from 3 in SF.

i never understood the relationship in that store. are they owned by the same ppl or is porter imported by stussy or something? what i'm getting at is i'm guessing stussy will open another store somewhere, but head porter's market is smaller and probably won't open their own store. so if stussy opens another one, will there also definitely be a head porter store too?

StussyNY

Porter NY

Union NY

Union LA

UNDFTD Worldwide

Stussy LV

Stussy LA

Supreme LA

=

All owned by the same people, a few of those have partners not involved with the other stores, the main one being UNDFTD.

SF is about to get it's own big time shop in a few months.. just wait.

interesting... boutique-wise i always thought it was jebbia in nyc and eddie cruz in la. i wasn't aware that jebbia had any hand in operations on the west coast so i guess that would make him a stakeholder / silent partner?

anyway union is going to stock stussy in nyc for the time being. i wouldn't be surprised if supreme had to move within the next 5 years or so

^wtf...i thought jebbia owns the whole brand.

The brand he owns to my knowledge. the stores he has partners. But all the stores are buying the clothing from him anyway, so im sure he gets a nice cut regardless.

Its the same for Stussy.

Jebbie, Cruz, Omar, etc they all have to buy Stussy clothing direct from the company to stock the chapter stores that they each own. They agree to a franchise deal essentially.

I havent worked for either company or any of the above people. This is all second hand and a general assumption of basic business. Take it for what its worth.

The brand he owns to my knowledge. the stores he has partners. But all the stores are buying the clothing from him anyway, so im sure he gets a nice cut regardless.

Its the same for Stussy.

Jebbie, Cruz, Omar, etc they all have to buy Stussy clothing direct from the company to stock the chapter stores that they each own. They agree to a franchise deal essentially.

I havent worked for either company or any of the above people. This is all second hand and a general assumption of basic business. Take it for what its worth.

Actually this is all 100% correct..

StussyNY

Porter NY

Union NY

Union LA

UNDFTD Worldwide

Stussy LV

Stussy LA

Supreme LA

=

All owned by the same people, a few of those have partners not involved with the other stores, the main one being UNDFTD.

SF is about to get it's own big time shop in a few months.. just wait.

I think Bond is the main dude with those.

i dont think anyone on here seriously fucks w/ stussy. maybe like 5% of lurkers would actually cop, let along check for updates and shit.

supreme on the other hand...

stussy is solid, they play the hype game as well as anyone else but they're not really meant to be an exclusive / cultish brand like supreme. i suppose you could see them as a hype brand if you focused only on blog coverage of stussy collaborations rather than their core apparel.