Long Beach Nightlife

palaceman

Moved to Long Beach at the end of may. Work out of my house so I'm not getting a car ( so I'm not looking for road trip recommendations to West Hollywood, LA, etc. YET.) Any suggestions for things people like to do at night or any thing upcoming?

I've been doing a pretty good job of entertaining myself. Que Sera to see live music on Fridays, 2nd Street in Belmont Shore, Prospector on Wednesdays and Fridays (karaoke yes but everyone's getting so nuts it's great.) Meetups at the Queen Mary and Hilton(?) And I hit a few dive bars to on 4th St too.

I'm a huge music fan but I realize I may have to settle for local acts (which isn't bad because I here LA is the place to be moreso than even NY for musicians these days). Any bands I should see? Are there places for house music that a single straight guy could go hang out at or no? I don't mind mixed crowds at all but maybe not when I'm by myself.

Are there like the 3rd Saturday of every month go to X because it's packed or there's a good music act? Or maybe Thursday nights are particulary good in downtown Long Beach at a certain place? Happy hours at Y are wild? Thanks as always, superfuturers!

it's not that bad there. take the blue line light rail to union station, and from there you have access to public transport. it's just that if youre gonna do nightlife shit youre gonna hit a snag.

buy a car asap.

creperie ftw

FUCK. YES>

Ive been going there since they were a tiny place across the street with that French owner hitting on my 15 year old classmates... 6 years ago, at least 6 or 7 years ago.

Belmont fucking rocks.