What are you craving today?

showbiz00ditc

The whole idea of this thread is stupid.

Everytime you call it up because you want to post something you crave you find that someone posted something you want even more right now. Always confuses me.

That said I want this but may not 'cause I'm on antibiotics...:(

bruichladdich-17-year-old-fino-sherry-whisky.jpg&t=1

I'm going to be in california in 3 weeks, where is best place to get one of the above in LA/SF?

after years of living in this great far western state of ours, i can say in full confidence that california burritos are overrated. french fries inside of a tortilla, yeah it sounds kitschy and interesting. but 9 times out of 10 the fries end up overwhelming the rest of the burrito and rendering themselves silly putty in the mouth, a near flavorless saliva-sponge distracting the taste buds from all the other potentially glorious ingredients vying to join the party.

if you want a burrito with potatoes and a far better batting average, go for a breakfast burrito at a spot that uses HASHBROWNS instead of french fries. if they pull it off correctly, the potatoes will be nicely seasoned, just greasy enough and retain the crunchy char everyone loves about hashbrowns.

it might be a bit off the usual LA touristy beaten path, but a trip to lucky boy in pasadena has ALWAYS been worth it in my/my burrito noob friends' experiences. don't forget to add avocado and give the chili cheese fries a try while you're around:

lucky-1.jpg

P.S. i love how i always almost intuitively write short essays worth of responses whenever/wherever the topic is burritos on this forum. ain't i a gas?