What are you craving today?

showbiz00ditc

Leffe9.jpg

just came back from exam, that would be awesome to have such beer. i just called a friend to ask if he wanna come to my place to play guitar and... grab a pack on the way :D

3634192670_f906d756d3.jpg

curry fried chicken

i had that for dinner last night. i have never eaten so much curry in my life as i have here in korea, then again this time im not whining about it like other foods

I think that's where it's going wrong; I hate starchy curries. Real Japanese curry (and Indian curry of course) don't have starch in them, apart from that imparted by the potatoes or small amount of roux at the start or something. Good curry rice is caramelized onion and roux based, but it should should have the consistency of stew and fall easily from the spoon in bits, not a stream. The curry roux blocks they sell in America (like S+B, GLico or Vermont Curry) are yellow and starchy, but somehow Japanese people end up with something much browner and spicier, even if they use the same seasoning block.