thread where you express your distaste for skater kids

low profile

So skater kids are all the same huh? This thread is so lame. Wrap everyone who skates into one group. If you were familiar with the culture you'd know that there's a huge range of styles and individuals in skateboarding.

You might as well title the thread - "thread where you express your distaste for artists" or writers, or windsurfers.

A better discussion for this forum would be the influence that skateboarding has on the hipster AND hip hop clothing scenes. How much is stolen from skateboarding? How many of your favorite blogs are started buy people in that industry? How many indy clothing companies have skaters involved?

And if by "skater kids" you mean kids decked out in outfits from Zumiez or PacSun, most likely they don't even skate. And those are the kids that most skaters hate as they obviously brainwash the rest of the world into thinking that if you wear the branded bags of shit they sell in those shops that you actually skate.

Talk about close minded.

God dam do you guys even take time to realize what you post, I mean seriously look at what you are writing.... Your analyzing dudes like your studying for a test. I mean watever some kids skate and dress like turds and then there are ones who stray away from the commercial look. Im sorry but you are the one with problems if you goin that deep into checking out other guys... This seems to be the superfuture niketalk trend nowadays....

I think this thread is a direct result of harsh words in the Worst/Denim/trend/hype thread.

Skateboarding and it's influence on fashion via branding/videos/tradeshows etc. is a huge and complex subject. There are entire forums dedicated to the subject and to discuss it here would take much time.

and as a response to the start of this thread.... i make sure i am concious about the actions of my life... i have 3 kids that i have to provide for and i work my ass off to do it. i also have been skating for 12 years. i really dont give a fuck about skating fashon, but if you attack skating itself your completly wrong

FAT PEOPLE RULE!!! i edited due to spellin errors.. anyways FAT PEOPLE RULE!!! unless youre stick skinny?hHAHAHAHAHAHA. low profile youre only hating becuse you were burned on another post... by whom?? by your friendly neighborhood skater! ok enough! Just purchased a pair of nghd jeans from their new fall winter line SAVAGE 2 XL... FIRE~~~ soon to arrive.. acronym windstopper.. JS-WIA size XL.

fugetaboutit!

thats `nbhd`. isnt superfutures base the post skate movement? people who skated from childhood, now they`re older, have more money and better taste. want something a cut above. eg supreme

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

One thing i have noticed about skating is its popularity. The skaters/bmxers i hung out with when i was quite young were usually the outcast crew, the politically conscious crew, the anti-pop crew. Somewhere down the line skating and the scene got screwed up. I think it has a direct correlation with the espning and xgaming of skating. Once the mass audience saw these skaters paired with the motocross idiots they thought they were one and the same. Next thing you know you have motocross jackasses from honkyville USA skating and turning skating into a meathead sport. Mike vallely (?) (I believe that is that idiots name) has no business skating nor do bam margera or any of those other clowns. For the most part i believe skating has lost its he(art) since it became pop. There are still some cool skate cats out there, but once wealthy, spoiled brats become the movement it can only go downhill. I still don't think this is reason alone to rip on all skaters, just those clowns that co-opt the style/image.

ok... i liked that post till you said mike v had no buisness skating... that is his buisness... hes been doing this shit for 20 years now... he was pro before you were born... talk all the shit you want, but you have to know the history... mike v is a huge part of the history of street skating, especially on the east coast, mrswitch is probably a bitch highschool kid from europe or some shit...

Quote:

ok... i liked that post till you said mike v had no buisness skating... that is his buisness... hes been doing this shit for 20 years now... he was pro before you were born... talk all the shit you want, but you have to know the history... mike v is a huge part of the history of street skating, especially on the east coast, mrswitch is probably a bitch highschool kid from europe or some shit...

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Oct 25, 2005 10:35 AM

Amen to that CheapM! Dissing Mike V???????????? Are you serious?

Quote:

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Oct 25, 2005 10:35 AM

yeah. mike v grew up in my town so i know a decent amount about him. he actually dropped out just to skate and pursue doing what he liked to do. he definitely wasnt into this shit for the money and fame (like he has any anyway). bam on the other hand, has turned out bad.. but hes getting more people into it and thats good. aside form his making millions off skating hes still a nice guy (ive skated with him in philly and back then he was awesome, not sure about now) and a pretty fucking amazing skater.

Let me rephrase. Mike V is a fucking meathead. Whether he dropped out of school or has been skating for 20 yrs doesn't matter. What does matter is that i have seen idiotic kids get into skating because they see some meathead like "Mike V" and they go with the stereotype. Disagree with me about Mike V all you want, but the poppyfying (?) of skating has dropped the quality of people in the sport. I don't mean the quality of the sport or the tricks that can be pulled these days, but rather the entire quality of the people in the sport. Money hungry and image obsessed. Maybe i just have a problem with meatheads. "some bitch highschool kid from europe"? I wish. I live in the good ole US of A where the president can still lie our ass into a war and anything and i mean anything can be commodified and sold like skating, punk, hip hop, surfing, etc.

Quote:

Let me rephrase. Mike V is a fucking meathead. Whether he dropped out of school or has been skating for 20 yrs doesn't matter. What does matter is that i have seen idiotic kids get into skating because they see some meathead like "Mike V" and they go with the stereotype. Disagree with me about Mike V all you want, but the poppyfying (?) of skating has dropped the quality of people in the sport. I don't mean the quality of the sport or the tricks that can be pulled these days, but rather the entire quality of the people in the sport. Money hungry and image obsessed. Maybe i just have a problem with meatheads. "some bitch highschool kid from europe"? I wish. I live in the good ole US of A where the president can still lie our ass into a war and anything and i mean anything can be commodified and sold like skating, punk, hip hop, surfing, etc.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on Oct 25, 2005 02:51 PM

how is he a meathead?

and how did he poppify it? hes in video games but doesnt have any, he doesnt have any of his own movies or shows or anything...

Quote:

adsurgo....i'm from edison too..haha nice. did you go to edison high?

Mike V can skate...nothing else really matters

--- Original message by rabka on Oct 25, 2005 04:07 PM

yeah PM me so we can further this conversation.

Not a meathead huh? I have seen videos of mike V skating in parking lots and be confronted by the gardeners/landscapers, who asked him if he could not ruin the planters buy doing gaps over them. What did he do? Start pushing them. Asking what are they gonna do about it. These are just some working class dudes trying to make a living and they got to deal with some over-priveleged testosterone junky? Fuck that. I have seen numerous videos of this dude acting "tough" and over aggressive. If that ain't a meathead i don't know what is. The poppyfying isn't due just to mike v, but i think skating being paired with motocross has added a meathead element to the sport. I don't think mike v had any direct link to this, but i know tons of meatheads who think mike v is the coolest, cuz he can fight and will fight. By the way... Mike V was not the initial subject of my post, but some here have chosen to take a fraction of that post and blow it out of proportion.

I'm gonna have to second the above. Vallely's essentially a high school football player asshole jock on a deck... every video I've seen of him, every story I've heard about him, all it ever comes down to is how he got into some stupid brawl over dumb shit. I specifically remember this tape where some groundskeeper kindly asked Vallely not to fuck up the handrails, the dude said "skate whatever, but could you not scratch the rails?" and Vallely just pushed him around and talked all this stupid shit about the dude making minimum wage while he gets endorsements and whatnot...totally put me off the guy for life.

I agree that skateboarding has become weak in the later years. When I grew up only artsy kids and misfits skateboarded and it appealed to us and only us. Now it seems less creative and more impressionable personalities are running the game.

It takes strength to be gentle and kind.