• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing that the thai fakes are probably OE... just from the way people have described the feel of the denim.
Good recap - agree on all points, but cheap OE selvage denim is out there, though it's a rarity. The batch of redline selvage Levi's 501 that I mentioned earlier in this thread - Canal Jean was selling them for about $30 a pair. I hardly go into their new location - I was in there maybe last October - but they still had a few pairs left in really odd sizes. BTW, does anyone know the story about these jeans. The red tab only had the circled r, there was no back patch, and the coin pkt and sideseams showed the selvaged edge. The interior nail of the shank button was stamped with a three digit number - can't remember the number. And the denim was cheap - they wore down very poorly and were definitely not ringspun, though they didn't look half bad in the raw state, though the indigo was a bit too blue for my tastes. I remember dipping them in a rit dye mix that looked like tea to darken the indigo.
I'm not an expert, but from the details you gave, all signs point to those mysterious selvage Levis being fakes. Paul T recounted on here a while back that Urban Outfitters in Europe was unknowingly selling LVC fakes, since they had gotten the details down so well. The ones you saw, however, sound like (or very similar to) the notorious Thai fakes.

So no definitive answer, and I don't know how Thai denim is today...sooooo, this whole point could be moot.

So no definitive answer, and I don't know how Thai denim is today...sooooo, this whole point could be moot.

yea. no defiinitve answer onthe OE or ringspun.

first one is a guess. tony doesnt say itss thai or anthing..and minya...another guess..

it think its gonna come down to price.

what's wrong with zippers? faster on the go?

anyways, i talked with tony-

no customization :( . The Raws are a 36 inch inseam, 34 in 1-washed. And they also said if we have a min. of 50 contestants, we can get it for $200 a pair. What pair? I don't know.

still working on it.

Lets do the 47's!

even though im not interested in those SCs, the presence of a zipper probably means theyre sanforized, meaning the leg wont shrink (much at least).

what i would prefer are the standards:

button fly (donut, but if not its fine)

hidden rivets

full selvage

chain stitch

but the main thing i would like to do is a different brand/denim that we havent seen as much. how about something like those lighter pbjs? what are they, XX-006?

edit: i was gonna suggest duckdiggers, but theyre expensive...

I already own two pairs of 47s so if that's the jean decided on then I'll count myself out. Since SC already said no customization there really aren't any options. Does the $200 price point include 55s or the other more expensive Sugar Canes?

I'm still interested in finding a Leepro to go with but I've been really lazy lately.

55's would be pretty much the only sugar canes id be interested in, I agree on going with something a bit more unique than something like 47's, own-magazine.com has duckdiggers for 205+shipping, maybe we could see if warehouse/BIG will do it for around 220 shipped or something.....

then i'll see what we can do.

how much are people willing to chip out to join this contest?

i mean, if people are expecting to pay less than $200.00, I am not sure if we can do any Japanese brands. It seems like with what we want it's probably going to run us quite a dollar and if we can't get what we want, theres still

Onis, Sammies, Iron-hearts, and...momotaro? or levis. or lees.

Okinawas?

I would still be interested in some model from Sugar Cane, it would be interesting to try Ironhearts, those would be pricier though. I don't think many people like the fading properties though so I doubt it would ever come about, although they do have the Super blacks, try and fade those?