2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

I think this contest is going to be great, recently went in to SE to take a look at their Dry Bones and im quite impressed. and from what ive read, imo Its slow fading qualities will definitely set the types of fades apart from the recent WH contest.

..also operationjake, i know you wont take a gander at my post because of low post count, but it has to be said...your a douche, sorry if some of us didnt get 2 reps and 5 pms asking us to post pics of our jeans. I didnt know that having more or less of these tiny green squares correlated to how important our opinions were.

continue with the jean talk...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahahahahaha.

you all are too funny. :D

J425, you almost got me ;) but you have more than 10 posts so i have to read!

look, for the record, here are some stable data:

a) i have no say what goes on in the contest

B) i don't care who joins

c) the more the merrier in the competition, is how i look at it

d) my earlier post was merely interpreting why the other members would think the 100 count rule would be worthwhile. i'll take the heat even if it does not reflect whatever the fuck i actually think.

e) i think the general consensus among all those who have signed up is we want to have a good contest, right? yeah. i agree. i would especially agree, though, if there was a general agreement NOT to just put these up on ebay or the supermarket WITH THE EXCEPTION of those who need a different size. i.e., sell your jeans or trade them only with the intention of getting the contest pair in a different size. is it just me or is it a little cheap if someone buys a common size (28, 32, whatever) and waits until the contest is about 1 month from the beginning. then, because people want to join, sells the jeans for MORE than they bought them. yeah, i think that's a little stupid. so my only gripe about "new users" in the contest is that the aforemention case is stereotypically more likely to happen because they have not (usually) established a reputation, etc.

once again (i use that phrase a lot), the ONLY requirement (in my honest opinion), aside from sufficient pecuniary substance, is that you actually are going to compete in the contest and not flake. that's all. but then again, see stable datum a).

:)

-jake

i dont get why people care so much if everyone is going to participate...look at all the contests that went on before and now...hundreds join but when its down to voting its only around 20 people? but those 20 pairs of denim turn out so amazing.

it happens with all the contests so dont try and stop it...cuz honestly people are going to do what they are going to do. for example look at cheep with the warehouse contest he got the ball rolling for the contest and pretty much made it happen with gordon but from the pics and updates it looks like he didnt even participate, with that said shits gunna happen. so just let it happen.

these jeans are gunna be something special. i understand why someone would get them for collection purposes or to just join to own the jeans.

niggas like saying you cant buy these jordans if you aint gunna ball in em.

i'll be doing a semester abroad/ road trip around europe for the first six months of 09, so i hope these come in late 08, which would mean i'll be able to take em to japan in dec, singapore in january and the whole of europe with stops in morocco and new york in 09. im excited for these.

Every time I see a new Beatle post I get excited for an update :D too bad this one was just a # update. FYI if it weren't for the tons of people who buy the jeans, regardless of with or without the intention to participate, this thing would never make it off the ground. If they're investing money then why does it matter anyway?

Ok, let's leave this whole discussion at this!

In the end it's open for all, the more the merrier.

Previous contests didn't have any rules & regulations and worked out wonderfully, it doesn't really matter how many people will end up competing till the end, what matters is that the people who do, will make good posts, and I have no doubt this will happen.

What people decide to do with their jeans is not in our hands anyway, so why worry about it, besides, it has gone remarkably well so far with the other contests, with people who were late still getting jeans, and people exchanging size.

Let's get back to being excited and "can't wait" posts.

Trust me, if Kiya says these will be something special, then they will be...

i'll be doing a semester abroad/ road trip around europe for the first six months of 09, so i hope these come in late 08, which would mean i'll be able to take em to japan in dec, singapore in january and the whole of europe with stops in morocco and new york in 09. im excited for these.

Well, even if you are abroad when they're shipped, why don't you just find out where you're staying and get them delivered to you there?

hahaha im doing that too, studying abroad that spring semester in Europe, thats what made me want to join this contest, so i can have a nice pair to wear when im abroad and participate in a contest, ill be doing a hell of alot of walking so this should be good :)

Yay for Cotton Duck's last post! ^^

Don't you mean to twiddle your fingers and say...

Excellent.

?

-Jake

I´m so thrilled about this contest. I was reading in the Warehouse thread and watching all the pics of really nice denim made me even more exited to see everybody posting pics and compare with my own and others.

I can´t wait to get a pair and see how they will turn out.:)

I'll second that, I started reading here just as the contest was getting started and probably could have found a pair, definitely regret it and can't wait to participate in something like this!

Now I just need my current jeans to hold up/to get a pair that I won't feel too bad ditching come January...

I checked the Dry Bones fades in the Lightning Indigo Master and they look like awesome jeans! The Warehouse contest fades are coming out pretty different than most of the published pics I've seen, so I'm real excited to see how the Dry Bones come out with different wear.

Today's Note: For those that didn't sign up for this project, you're going to want to put a gun to your head once you see the end product.

every time i see kiya posting on this thread i get all tingly and immediately check it.. im so excited for this.

going along with what was said earlier about girls buying these--is this cut going to work unisex? where to cop girl like newaesthetic's