getting on a midnight plane to okinawa

mizanation

whatsup sufu family.

after a decade in new york, i'm gonna be moving to okinawa to start a new life.

i will be trading in the urine soaked streets of new york for the sunny beaches of the ryukyu islands.

i will be leaving in a month, so that gives you plenty of time to buy me a drink or at least say "peace-out."

i don't know what i'm gonna do when i get over there, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna have a good time.

anyways, just letting y'all know!

Wow...that's amazing news ! I admire you for your courage - it takes gutts to just start all over again....

Well - since I'm not gonna get to see you in NY - I'm looking forward to visiting you and te wifey in beautiful Japan...

whatup nappy.

here's the basic lowdown.

i'm japanese-american and my wife is okinawan. so, basically we're gonna live in her home town of koza a.k.a okinawa city. we have a ton of family and friends there, so it's gonna be a pretty smooth transition.

okinawa is a pretty magical place. great food, great weather, great beaches, great people. the place is just awesome. also, it's part of japan, so it has all the conveniences and modernity of nippon but all the fun and beauty of a tropical island.

rent is cheap there, the cost of living is very low. there's a great music and art scene. people just live a great life there.

if i want to go to tokyo, i just get on a plane and i'm there in a couple hours.

there's also a ton of americans in okinawa. many of my friends there are half japanese, half american. they have all the comforts of the u.s. there: good hamburgers, soul food joints, mexican food, ice cream, rottisserie chicken, american ketchup, american mayonaise, cambell's soup, etc... americans have been living there for over 50 years. so, it's not like going to a village where you'll be the only american for miles and miles and your treated like an alien.

so that's it in a nutshell.

Miz thats fucking great man, best of luck to you. Taco rice and ishigaki beef for dinner at Miz's house.

Maybe you can be an apprentice for Kamida-san then we can all beast over Miz wallets.

I'm supposed to be visiting Okinawa next spring.