supermeatheads

kunk75

you seem to be pretty lean so this will work for you.

Everyone has their own opinions regarding everything.

I'm trying out this whole new "fuck the trendy, lose-fat-gain-muscle diets" and sticking to chicken, red meat, mashed potatoes, pasta, and veggies.

Oh and milk, can't forget the milk.

try being a stoner who likes to maintain their physique...........guess which one normally takes precedent?

i really need to cut back on my weed intake, shits killin me. My body is the least iin shape its been in 8 years......fucking a

someone please yell at me and stress the importance of physical activity over the joys of stoning and playing call of duty 4 all day

Anyway, because I'm skinny and don't want to lose any weight...only gain muscle, my trainer only lets me do maybe 2 reps on any given exercise, then we move on to something else. Too many reps and you lose weight. I'm also only allowed so much cardio - 3 times/week for 30 minutes each max...again, more and you lose weight.

workout day (which is almost everyday).

your trainer said that? looks like your trainer is overtraining you and on top of that he doesn't know what he's talking about (Too many reps and you lose weight)

I'm available for hire.

your trainer said that? looks like your trainer is overtraining you and on top of that he doesn't know what he's talking about (Too many reps and you lose weight)

I'm available for hire.

Not that I can argue with you...because I don't know enough on the subject, but she has 15 years experience, and you're a guy on the Internet. Maybe I didn't explain the situation properly though.

edit - maybe I should have said, I do whatever exercise for 2 reps, and then move on to a new exercise. We do about 10 different exercises in an hour. When I go back the following day, I do the 30 minutes of cardio. Day after that, back to the exercises.

I'm available for hire.

well if you do massive weights / low reps

that'd make you gain weight (muscle mass no?)

and if you do low weight / high reps

you'd cut down on your fat and tone muscles... (so no muscle mass gained..?)

im not 100% sure.. but thats how i thought it was.

Not that I can argue with you...because I don't know enough on the subject, but she has 15 years experience, and you're a guy on the Internet. Maybe I didn't explain the situation properly though.

edit - maybe I should have said, I do whatever exercise for 2 reps, and then move on to a new exercise. We do about 10 different exercises in an hour. When I go back the following day, I do the 30 minutes of cardio. Day after that, back to the exercises.

okay, you didn't specify that every other day was strictly cardio. but I still can't grasp the 2 reps for everything. 2 reps on certain movements used here and there in a well structured routine works for some people to increase maxes. but I can't agree that doing 2 reps on every single movement is a good thing.

well if you do massive weights / low reps

that'd make you gain weight (muscle mass no?)

and if you do low weight / high reps

you'd cut down on your fat and tone muscles... (so no muscle mass gained..?)

im not 100% sure.. but thats how i thought it was.

massive weight (to the lifter) and low reps alone will not make you gain weight. and high reps don't make you cut down on fat. if you go back and read what kunk, knuck, and some other people in this thread said, you'd know that burning fat and looking "tone" is all in diet (and genetics). you can do all the heavy lifting you want, but if you eat like 150 lb guy, you're going to stay that weight. and you can spend hours on high rep movements, but if you're eating 50g of protein, 150+ g of fat, and 400+ carbs a day (which I suspect looks like the avg american's daily food consumption), you're not going to see abs anytime soon

Let me get this straight, say this chick takes you to a shoulder press machine, and you do 2 reps at, say, 100lbs? And then you move on?

What the fuck is that? Stop training with dumbass women.

More background info - I JUST started training...like, 1 week ago. But yes, I go to whatever machine, do 2 reps of 12 whatevers...and then we go to the next exercise. Keep in mind I'm horrifically out of shape and this may just be for the time-being...like I said...I'm new.

Oh, and it's nowhere near 100lbs...not even close.

makes a bit more sense now.

i find trainers do too much of the same regardless of client/client goals.

i see 140lb guys with guts doing wrist curls, lateral raises and one-armed shoulder presses while squatting opn bosu balls and wonder, huh?

i'm a big believer in sticking to heavy basics, specially when you first start out.