Health & beauty thread

Ichigo100%

i actually dont like non-diet drinks.....im so used to diet ones that the sugary coating they leave on my teeth really irks me.

the particular drinks i buy taste a lot better to me than the non-diet versions.

diet ice cream, on the other hand....

very very rarely does it deliver.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course not. even fat kids don't like being seen in public with other fat kids.

My mom is an admitted fattist. She hates, loathes fat people.

I've seen her sneer right in the face of a fattie enjoying a delicious ice cream cone. And I saw the proud fattie look back, with a defiant gleam in her eye. What a moment.

dont drink too much water youll flush your system of good stuff aswell.. a friend drank about 8 litres a day and developed some weird blood condition because she had flushed too many vitamins and minerals from her body

Correct, ma'am. In fact even in the short term you can kill yourself drinking massive quantities of water. Some woman in the US (Amurrica!) did it on a radio show trying to win a Wii. RoyaleFatale... consider cutting back.

my main problem are my lips though. i find the more often i use a product the more frequent my lips are dry.

I read long ago that frequent use of lip products actually makes the lips dependent upon outside products for moisture thus creating a vicious cycle. My personal experience bears this out. I used to use Chapstick, carmex, etc. and my lips were always dry. I cut back, suffered for a few weeks, just used facial lotion on the lips in the morning and night, and now it's not a problem at all.

I used to drink a shit load of cranberry juice. The anti-oxidants are hella good for you, but like most fruit juices it is loaded with sugar and acid

Most advice is to drink no more than 1 cup of 100% juice. Kind of unrealistic with a meal, but it is a good guideline. Go back to it and avoid passing a stone through your penis. I was going to use a euphemism, but why, it's brutal enough.

obviously even if they do, the damage is so miniscule so as to not require any sort of health warnings on packaging.....so they'd be better for you than the ridiculous number of spoons of sugar in a can of coke etc.

You have to ingest massive amounts of artifical sweetener to damage your health.

-Cancer: the rats that got cancer ingested nearly impossible amounts.

-Joint Pain: apparently a friend was a diet coke fiend and started having muscle and joint problems. Her doctor finally realized the problem, told her to stop with the coke, and she was fine. Interesting.

-Fatty: here's an interesting study that's come out - artificial sweeteners can make you gain weight if you drink a lot. The body reacts to it like real sugar but when there are no calories to burn off, reacts to all sweet things as calorie-less instead of with a customary metabolism bump. Thus, fatty. Not sure of the veracity of this one but it was all over the news in the US.

Hang the DJ, you provided some real good advice there.. However, I'm not too entirely sure about the facial lotion being used on your lips.. Wouldn't that cause future problems for your lips? I mean considering that your lips and face need two completely different products.. The chemicals inside facial lotion could chap and damage your lips in the long run..

I know this from experience, as I used to put my nivea facial cream on my lips when I had run out of vaseline.. After a while of using it, I noticed a bit of peeling on my bottom lip so I stopped..

i thought acne is mostly created by stress more so than sugars etc..my friend use to break out bad only during finals/mid terms when she doesnt normally break out and she eats as much candy as anyone i know.

i thought girls usually break out when their period starts.. but thats what girls say.

acne's different for everyone. it can be stress, diet, or habit related. some guys get away with just rinsing their face with water a few times a day and others have to use medication.

for me, all i have to do is use a daily facial acne wash in the morning and at night and i'm good to go. for the stuff on my back i've been usin the neutrogena body wash with salycic acid or w/e, hasn't really done anything...

anyone have info on getting rid of uneven skin marks/blotches/scarring?

anyone have info on getting rid of uneven skin marks/blotches/scarring?

vitamin E oil can be good for getting rid of scars.

i forgot who wrote it (timber?), but i def agree with the idea of using under-eye cream, even while young. it's never too early to start!

also, moisturizing is key-

for the fellahs, my brother uses zirh products, and his skin is great.

^shark liver oil is great for scars .. keeping them soft and fine,, smells really bad though, i used it after having some melawhatsits cut out and can barely notice the scars, no tightness or anything

that does sound like it smells awful...does it work well on old scars? because i've found vitamin e oil is mostly only good for fairly fresh ones

• 1 month later...

After I change into Ralph Lauren monogrammed boxer shorts and a Dair Isle sweater and slide into silk polka-dot Enrico Hidolin slippers, I tie a plastic ice pack around my face and commence with the morning's stretching exercises.

Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bahroom sink - with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hasting Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded - and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on.

I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds. Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux-tortoise-shell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly-but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine.

Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush.

I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol.

I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub. The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It's made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish.

In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good -silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale's or Bergdorf's and on Evely,'s advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strenght and shine. Also the Vivgen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation.

Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Puor Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute.

One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin. Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky-which makes it look dull and older-use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion.