SuperMeetup NYC

braid

that shit is so sold out like, forever. i'm gonna be in town for a few days next week and the only time available is friday night at 11-1130, which i can't do, and it costs 85 bucks. i wanna see it so bad, it looks fucking awesome.

on a related note i want to start a 90s hip-hop/rnb and based shit night somewhere. If u know a bar that needs DJs holla at me. For those i met you know i play dat fire

it's really more about whom you know - a bartender you know who needs to fill a spot or a dj who'll let you guest... either way you need to show up with a bunch of dudes who drink a lot and it helps if it's not a sausage fest.

best of luck - the dj game is much better as a hobby than a career aspiration but a lot of work either way

Friend I was supposed to stay with's landlord is getting iffy and I dont think I can stay there for the next six weeks I need to be in NY so I'm looking for a place I can move in A.S.A.P. if anyone needs a roomate / has a room available / knows anybody whose looking please drop me a line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any advice about subletting? Due to your city's draconian tenancy rules, my girlfriend and I will be looking for lease-less accommodation come September. The NY real estate/rent market is a jungle it seems. Using padmapper/clist, and coming to the city in the middle of the month for a few days to see places. Any scams to avoid? Websites that are better than craigslist? Know someone looking to unload their apartment for a few months this fall/winter? Any help will be repaid in beers in the future.

I'd burg up with you (||) if I didn't have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow, holleur next time though mayne

padmapper is the best one I found. The non-craigslist listings on padmapper are generally scams though. What's your budget/ how long are you staying

Around $1500, six months. I found this site nyhabitat; going to see if they give me any good options. Hopefully we'll get lucky; if not we'll start with a one months, and go from there.

never checked out nyhabitat, but 1500 as a 1br sublet shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere downtown/EV/LES. only issue is probably finding someone ok with a couple.

telling you stuff you already know. good luck though

In NYC for a couple of days in August and need a few recommendations if anyone would be so kind. I've been reading up on a bunch of foodie websites and most places are getting mixed reviews across the board or you need crazy reservations for them. I've been a few times but want to try something outside of the regular spots we hit. What we want:

- Rib joints

- Specialty brunch

- A good, casual lounge to have drinks mid-week

Thanks.

For brunch definitely do t miss Clinton St. Baking co.

Go on a weekday if you can, or if not, then early on the weekend, and bring a snack while you wait. Place is always bumpin but it's worth it

Oh and for whoevers looking for places to live, check out streeteasy.com. That's what I used to find my new place. Really really helpful, informative and legitimate vs. Craigslist