SuperMeetup NYC

braid

I will do that thing where I awkwardly take my leave as everyone else heads for the bar.

was thinking about if but only if no locals is guaranteed. can't take williamsburgers anymore. makes me miss when it was all electro/berliniamsburg

you ask too much. This show is screaming: "Locals, fill my vast pool venue and be the hipster douche bags you were meant to be!"

I'm just hoping to be there to offer some suburban flavor.

I might come kick it with you cats sometime in fall methinks

would anyone have a 6'4"x3 spot in your abode to accomidate me for a few days?

depending on when you're here, you could possibly kick it in my dorm.. but thats way away on the shores of shao-lin :(

(staten island)

hahaha that was a surreal night. I had only slept like 2 hours in the last 48 due to travelling. cotton duck rescued me just before sundown and dropped me off at the hotel the canadians were at, so when I saw a raf-clad guy going outside to smoke, i went out on a limb.

you and fuuma made a mistake getting the oyakodon, my yakisoba was actually pretty good

haha saw your basement comment. actually, you'd have it better than me. the other half is dope, x360, flat screen, white leather convertible i nabbed from my office.

only thing is, you'll have to share it with 12 mexicans who rent it now.

destructo id try to put you in the nicest places of the Bronx or atleast try :|

Anyone ever been to those McCarren Pool Park things anyway?

yeah I've been a bunch in past summers. It replaced Summerstage as the interesting/cool concert series, and hopefully it will maintain a level of "goodness". So far it has, but as kunk said, the hipsters really take away a lot.

it is usually a lot of fun if you can look beyond the hipsters.

:\

EDIT: i'm not gonna go to MGMT. I am gonna go to Black Lips, and I already have tickets for Black Keys and Sonic Youth at the end of the summer (I will be in school already though, which is lameeeeee)

i would like to go to mgmt but jeep, you can literally look past anyone in attendance.

ehhh, I'm just not really down for a long haul into williamsburg. I'm already going definitely 2, possible 3 times later this summer to better concerts. MGMT I was only gonna go for photo stuff and to hear them not have a very good live sound and get weird looks from lurkers who know my existence from the internets. Other than that, not much interest. The only song I really like by them is "Time to Pretend", so its sorta a non-decision for me.

Also, its free.

But I'm not going. Regardless of seeing over everyone there. That happens at every concert I go too. Believe.

Dino: if you're reading this, you missed the MGMT show. It was today. It was free. I did not go. Inclement weather/shitty weekend topped off by entertaining family and friends today at my household. Anyways, dunno when you're getting in, but there are still a couple of good concerts @ McCarren before summers out, Black Lips next week (free), Black Keys the week after (going, but it costs money), and Sonic Youth at the end of the month (costs money, but its right at the beginning of school, so I dunno if I'll make it out).

Thanks for the +rep nonetheless. We'll definitely hit up some concerts come this fall though.