SuperMeetup NYC

braid

Mandozer - if you check this thread, sorry I didn't make it in today SNOWED IN

Hey, i came from connecticut that morning on the peterpan bus. Didn't stop me. Then again, it took 5 hours. Still braved the snow with socal2nyc for some shopping though.

and wtf why is sonic youth gonna be no fun fest they should keep that shit seperate.

Agreed. Though I guess I wouldn't mind getting to laugh at their attempt at a full on noise set. Dabblers the lot of 'em. Maybe Jim O'Rourke will make a return appearance and save the band.

Bardo Pond? Xeno and Oaklander? Weird line-up this year. Pretty lame lineup too.

Only things absolutely unmissable this year are Rehberg/Schmickler, Sons of God, and Bastard Noise. Definitely a few other things I won't mind checking out. but still....

• 3 weeks later...

^^^they always have one dude in the line up that makes me want to go (even if they end up cancelling, cough cough masonna cough cough)...

this time it's skullflower in a hypothetical with-jaworzyn lineup, except it'll probably be the matthew bower show so ummmmmm maybe maybe not?

if merzbow is still doing laptop stuff live then does it really matter?

i don't think sonic youth doesn't belong there... also ranno had a decent noise lp iirc. though last time i saw them at a genre-specific festival they just played their normal set.

The Energy Burger - $8.49 - Bison burger, three egg whites, low-fat mozzarella. 494 calories

This sounds too healthy for my tastes. 494 calories? That's it? Shit probably tiny as hell. I'm sorry this won't fill me up. I'd probably just end up getting some pizza as soon as I leave the place.

Ostrich burgers are good though. You wouldn't even know the difference. I had a pound Ostrich burger at fuddruckers, I thought they gave me the wrong order.

Holy fuck now I'm burgin'

edit: Actually, damn, this is some leeeean ass food. 500 calories for a quarter pound burger is great....

Actually, ya, I'm just burgin' now.

My brother is a big dude who eats a ton and he was satisfied with the Energy Burger. I don't have a meal plan anymore so I am definitely going to be eating out a lot more. I think it was $9 a meal for some crappy cafeteria food, so I'm looking to spend that maybe once a day when I'm not cooking for myself.

Probably will go back to Energy Kitchen and try their Peanut Butter Smoothie...also curious about the Ostrich Burger.

I haven't been to Burritoville but heard good things, but apparently they are going out of business? Recommend me some cheap/healthy meals in NYC, I will be here all semester.

me and omc, grabbing a drink around midnight last night, decided it's not that cold. so man up, bitches.

No, it's not that cold if you wear the right clothes. Which you think at least this board should have under control. Even while trying to look cool.

I find when I walk places, I'm constantly having to take my hat and scarf back off because I'm sweating.

We're not living in Minneapolis or shit.