SuperMeetup NYC

braid

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, NYC peeps:

If i came to NYC between 17th-23rd give or take a day, would anyone want to chill and do something during the day or night. I don't really know that much in the city and wouldn't mind just eating, drinking alcohol, and looking at clothes. Other things are welcome too.

I just need a few days out of florida and this is the only time i can do something until april. I know i can crash at this guy's place a couple nights but i don't want to impose too much, so if i could crash a night on someone's couch that'd be pretty dope. I'm a clean, and not much of a hassle.

PM me or post in here. I'd love to meetup with some peeps as i honestly don't really have many plans going up there.

Ok- Anyone gonna be in the city and wanting to chill wed/thur/fri? I'm gonna be probably wandering around for the most part possibly looking for a couch (don't want to impose on this friend who is housing me friday already).

I'm game for finding good food, going to uniqlo and having lurkers stare at us, going to atelier and trying shit on we don't plan to buy, harassing joey at odin, walking anywhere in nyc and randomly seeing dinomight, whatever.

If you know of sick sales, all the better

I'll be in Jamlando from the 22nd-4th probably. We should try to track down SportsFreak

I'll be in NYC with Muhai on the 26th(arriving) 27th and 28th (departing) if anyone wants to hang out. Lib already said he's down and I suspect Fookums will be down as well since he always seems to be. Sadly Habia will be in Cali :_(

If anyone else wants to hang out at some point hit me up. We don't really have any plans yet. Staying somewhere in the upper west side.

I'll be in NYC with Muhai on the 26th(arriving) 27th and 28th (departing) if anyone wants to hang out. Lib already said he's down and I suspect Fookums will be down as well since he always seems to be. Sadly Habia will be in Cali :_(

If anyone else wants to hang out at some point hit me up. We don't really have any plans yet. Staying somewhere in the upper west side.

Where's Habia going to be in Cali? Northern section, I presume?

sup all

we doin that first name basis shit??

shane buddy yeah I'll be home with family until the 6th (datasupa concept)

ian check this

Lebbeus Woods

mentioned in reference to current season Jil Sander

lebbeuswoods600berlingr2.jpg

lebbeuswoodsterrain190bj8.jpg

I'll be in mill valley, word to marin and all that

you'll be in san diego I presume. still never really been to southern california, doubt I'll make it next few weeks. if you are in sf though give me a call of course.

and you can have my email any day

brian thanks for heads up on this

I typed up a top ten list on head fi yesterday. will re post here for your viewing pleasure. don't feel like going into superlists

1.) Portishead- Third

2.) Blank Dogs- On Two Sides LP and The Fields EP

3.) Air France- No Way Down

4.) Parts and Labor- Receivers

5.) Titus Andronicus- Airing of Grievances

6.) Moscow Olympics- Cut the World

7.) Jichael Mackson- Same But Different

8.) Shearwater- Rook

9.) Boris- Smile

10.) Apes and Androids- Blood Moon

Girl Talk didn't make it and neither did These Arms Are Snakes though they are still my favorite band.

portishead rules over all

Blank Dogs is great

Titus Andronicus makes the list even though I don't even have the full album on my computer

Jichael Mackson only made two songs but they are great. fun fact: none of the Other Music employees had ever heard of this guy and insisted on me spelling out his name and showing them the website

if I were going to change anything about the list, it might be to switch air france and parts and labor, and to replace shearwater with these arms are snakes.

max I haven't been posting much

didn't feel like posting in college thread and still don't

but

I actually transferred, it's not that great. it's alright, would do it again I guess but not awesome or anything

trevor, ha yeah telling people my full name is no big deal but for some reason that night I didn't feel like it......

top three boring things people want to talk about when I first meet them:

1.) wait is your first name short for webster? short for something else? no it's not short for anything? wait so what's your first name?? you have two middle names???

2.) you don't eat meat? have you ever had it it is delicious. you are going to start eating meat again soon I just know

3.) you don't drink???!?!?!? holy fuckckkk!!

half shaved head girl seemed alright though no hard feelings I hope

actually no hard feelings to anyone if we covered the top three when we first met. it just gets a little repetitive for HABIA

merry christmas to one and all! hannaukah fun all around! study hard, keep your chin up! be particularly nice to your parents and family around the holidays!

to a new year yeah!

\

trevor, ha yeah telling people my full name is no big deal but for some reason that night I didn't feel like it......

top three boring things people want to talk about when I first meet them:

1.) wait is your first name short for webster? short for something else? no it's not short for anything? wait so what's your first name?? you have two middle names???

2.) you don't eat meat? have you ever had it it is delicious. you are going to start eating meat again soon I just know

3.) you don't drink???!?!?!? holy fuckckkk!!

bahaahaha, my b, im pretty sure ive introduced you to at least three people who've all covered at least one, if not all of those. dont think i have personally though.. hope not. catch you next year? im in fla for 6 muffuckin' weeks :eek:

dude, habia, I miss you already. I haven't seen you in forever man.

Trevor - enjoy warm weather. We're gettin dumped on right now.

Servo - There was some awesome Lebbeus Woods stuff @ MoMA in the architecture/design exhibits, definitely check him out. If you appreciate that shit look up Rem Koolhaas, Gaetano Pesce, Paul Rudolph, Preston Scott Cohen. All amazing architects, check out George Lois (Esquire cover photographer, amazing stuff) and Stefan Sagmeister (amazing graphic designer/poster artist).

So much good shit

Shane - Dunno if I'll make it in before tuesday, if I do I'll hollar

Brian - any chance on grabbing two Animal Collective tickets? I'd pay you back if you took my ass... haha

Mandozer - if you check this thread, sorry I didn't make it in today SNOWED IN

Word.

There are some pretty cool todd p shows in January also, Crystal Stilts/Tyvek on the 10th, Fucked Up/Pissed Jeans/Vivian Girls on the 20th, Dan Deacon/baltimore bands/brooklyn bands on the 30th.

No Fun Fest 09 seems really badass also, even if I only know like, 3 of the bands there (Sonic Youth, Merzbow, Blank Dogs).

no fun fest will be epic. merzbow is so fucking great and i can't wait to see him again. from what i hear there will be few more performers added to the lineup.

i hope sonic youth is not on the same night as merzbow, it will be too packed with hipsters.

the whole event will be too packed with hipsters. Thats the idea of those things.