superbroke.

Guest umhaha84

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you guys really have absolutely no savings or invested money, or are you just at the limit of what you want to spend without having to liquify any investments?

because if you seriously have such little money and no safety net, stop buying clothes.

no, i do have a savings, it's just been super depleted from 3 years of college. i'm just about to hit that point where all the childhood savings bonds are gone, and there's maybe a grand in my bank account, and then I have to graduate and figure my life out. I don't have investments though, not anymore. all that money went to college.

hmmm,

i'll be basically working my ass off to afford college.

no savings no nothing.

i do get a bit of financial aid though... i suppose it helps to be poor in this case.

however, i'll end up with about 20k in debt from college after 4 years. (student loans and such)

:( i cant be b.a.l.l.a!

Im 17 i like clothes and sneakers i have $24.56 to my name

Ive been looking for a job since the begining of the month. No Luck.

Im sponcerd my M&D (mom & dad) which isnt going to well :(

I have a ticket that ima have to pay with community service cuz im broke

Fuck this country im sad:(

i am 23 and i have no savings. i have debt from college and o/s holidays. i have some money in my account but i am one month away from getting paid again and have to stretch it pretty far.

yeah I is 25, broke, jobless and have the o/s and student debt... :(

yes, schools really only give loans now, not much in grants. my mom was a single parent and a social worker which equalled no money. i got a small grant for college but graduated with 60K in loans. defer, defer, defer.

hmmm,

i'll be basically working my ass off to afford college.

no savings no nothing.

i do get a bit of financial aid though... i suppose it helps to be poor in this case.

however, i'll end up with about 20k in debt from college after 4 years. (student loans and such)

:( i cant be b.a.l.l.a!

yes, schools really only give loans now, not much in grants. my mom was a single parent and a social worker which equalled no money. i got a small grant for college but graduated with 60K in loans. defer, defer, defer.

how the heck do you afford designer steeze? your income must be pretty damn good to live in NY and afford the shit you buy.

fuck the baby boomers.. generation y is fucked. (me)

it's way harder starting out from nothing. i literally could not afford to buy art supplies in art school. i couldn't take design lab cause they were at night and i worked. i went to school 8 to 1 and worked 3 to 10.

and when i bought my house, i borrowed 25k from various family, contingent on it all being paid back in a year which was brutal. add kids, stay at home wife, and you see where i'm going.

i really only buy like 2 or 3 expensive shitz a season — everything else is h&m, uniqlo, etc. i'm just lucky my business has done really well over the last year or so.

but that said, it's much easier to come from money — it doesn't guarantee success but it gives you a start.

I don't know what you're talking about. Most colleges will offer significant amounts of financial aid assuming you qualify - not to mention all the millions of scholarships that are avaiable now.

oh damn you went to art school?

i woulda never thought that. was it for like graphic design? fuck its so true though.. if you come from old money things are a bit easier.

well im glad that now you can afford some good shit and have a house + family.

I don't know what you're talking about. Most colleges will offer significant amounts of financial aid assuming you qualify - not to mention all the millions of scholarships that are avaiable now.

blacks + latinos = where the money is at.

my neighbours family applied their last name to hernandez even though they were pretty much white folks and they got so many different scholarships from hispanic higher education groups.

i started out fine art but wasn't rich and disinterested enough to be a fine art major.

switched to advertising jr. year so my future could include shelter and food. went to sva.

oh damn you went to art school?

i woulda never thought that. was it for like graphic design? fuck its so true though.. if you come from old money things are a bit easier.

well im glad that now you can afford some good shit and have a house + family.

Guest umhaha84

I had around 8k in my checking 5 weeks ago now i have 150.

i should have several thousand in my checking account, i call and it says 700?!

i know i didn't spend THAT much, i just got a 300 dollar parking ticket too, not cool.

blacks + latinos = where the money is at.

my neighbours family applied their last name to hernandez even though they were pretty much white folks and they got so many different scholarships from hispanic higher education groups.

thth687926.gif

But true. Native-American folks got even more going for 'em.

Guest umhaha84
it's way harder starting out from nothing. i literally could not afford to buy art supplies in art school. i couldn't take design lab cause they were at night and i worked. i went to school 8 to 1 and worked 3 to 10.

and when i bought my house, i borrowed 25k from various family, contingent on it all being paid back in a year which was brutal. add kids, stay at home wife, and you see where i'm going.

i really only buy like 2 or 3 expensive shitz a season — everything else is h&m, uniqlo, etc. i'm just lucky my business has done really well over the last year or so.

but that said, it's much easier to come from money — it doesn't guarantee success but it gives you a start.

+rep good luck man