What are you paying for gas today? Sad Edition!

DüM

I remember studying various European governments and economic systems in college. You guys get absolutely bent over on taxes it's unreal. Yeah you get a lot of time off and benefits if you hit bottom but good LORD do you pay a lot for it.

Kunk, I imagine if I saw you driving a Prius it'd be like that Simpsons where Nelson haw-haw's at a giant dude driving what is essentially a Geo. Then of course you'd get out and eat me.

And by the way, the Geo Metro is having a huge resurgeance in the used car field. Believe it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/05/20/geo.metro/

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we rented a GEO Metro like 10 years ago on a trip to the cape. don't know if you're familiar but as you drive through fall river, there's a squiggly 4 lane highway. it literally felt like the cars next to us were inside our car.

and i'm actually more comfortable in small cars as long as i'm by myself. i had an old ass 944 which was like the most comfortable car i've had.

I remember studying various European governments and economic systems in college. You guys get absolutely bent over on taxes it's unreal. Yeah you get a lot of time off and benefits if you hit bottom but good LORD do you pay a lot for it.

Kunk, I imagine if I saw you driving a Prius it'd be like that Simpsons where Nelson haw-haw's at a giant dude driving what is essentially a Geo. Then of course you'd get out and eat me.

And by the way, the Geo Metro is having a huge resurgeance in the used car field. Believe it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/05/20/geo.metro/

i steal gas

like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgmg7YQFM0w&hl=en&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgmg7YQFM0w&hl=en&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, in fairness, Europeans are laughing at the pittance we are paying for gas prices. Shit has been double the US prices over there for years.

We could always sneak into Venezuela ($0.12 a gallon):

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/index.htm?cnn=yes

I don't mind some living standard re-adjustment in this country, hopefully it will encourage people to stop being so damn lazy. Bunch of idiots driving around in cars they can't afford and living in houses they knew they could never make payments on.

my neighbor drives to the gym. it's 4 blocks from our homes and i get there before him cause of all the lights.

Yeah, in fairness, Europeans are laughing at the pittance we are paying for gas prices. Shit has been double the US prices over there for years.

We could always sneak into Venezuela ($0.12 a gallon):

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/index.htm?cnn=yes

I don't mind some living standard re-adjustment in this country, hopefully it will encourage people to stop being so damn lazy. Bunch of idiots driving around in cars they can't afford and living in houses they knew they could never make payments on.

as usual Mr England speaks the truth

always amazing to me how you can drive on the car pool lanes in LA with no traffic at all when people next to you are caught in a 1000000+km traffic jam just because everybody needs to drive their own 500PS SUV....

pathetic!

my neighbor drives to the gym. it's 4 blocks from our homes and i get there before him cause of all the lights.

Yeah. That kind of lazy too.

I was referring more so to 99% of the workforce that gets paid more money than they should for what they do and are generally lazy, unappreciative, unintelligent dildos.

We are in for a very rude awakening these next few years.

you forgot copping ed hardy they ain't balla enough to rock

diesel is getting really expensive here. we're planning our next car and were set on the Q7 but it seems so irresponsible. we may just get a...gulp... minivan and prius for what the Q7 would cost.

This is a very slippery slope, kunk.

Also, the one cheap gas place in Berkeley (Econo Gas off University) suddenly shot up something like 30¢ or something. Those fuckers totally knew they had a lock on the low-price game in the area and then jacked it up so that people who go there anyway would pay more than average. Fuckers.

Has this shit spread outside of LA yet? (aside from Japan)

at trafik miami, christian audigier had an entire wall of the convention center for their different product lines. they only had group appointments, i never saw less than 3 different stores at once in their booths.

they eat that shit up in the south

they eat that shit up in the south

So this is what the Billabong, distressed baseball cap kids are turning to for their 'fancy' clothes?

I have to say, I've never seen so many douches in t-shirts with huge skulls and crosses on the back as over the past year. It's even sort of becoming a substitute to jerseys and fitteds for the hood faction here.

• 3 months later...