Fred Perry Pique Polo Shirts

john11f

A brand that is definitely overlooked is MONTAGUT....in terms of personal tastes, the Fil Lumiere polo t-shirt is unlike any other polo tee you will find. I have about a dozen and half of these I bought 15 years ago. They remain in exquisite shape and they feel as if they were bought yesterday.

I strongly recommend getting the plain colours. This is a polo tee that needs to be seen, felt and worn to be appreciated:

http://shop.montagut.com/

An interesting detail is the fact that you can tell the size by the stitching in the yarn around the shoulder/arm joint (2 woven dots = size 2, 3 dots = size 3 etc....they go all the way up to size 7)

The buttons are mother of pearl buttons and because of the Fil Lumiere yarn, in hot weather the tee maintains great breathability and in cold weather, it warms.

the biggest problem i have with fred perry is if i wear one with narrow jeans, there is bound to be some old english guy assume i'm racist and start talking about coons and chinks, def not pleasant.

have to remember, fred perry polo, with 501s were the early skinhead uniform.

<center>fromHQ.jpg </center>

Edited by haptronic on Oct 7, 2005 at 12:07 PM

I'm not calling you ignorant, but I'm afraid your knowledge of skinhead culture is less than informed.

perhaps you should tell the ex skinhead guys from england thet take me for one of their own.

i wasn't saying that all skins were racist.

or are you saying that they didn't where fred perry, and 501's with braces, ma1 jackets and cherry doc polished with black polish to antique them.

<center>fromHQ.jpg </center>

It is very true that Fred Perry shirts were (and are still) part of the skinhead uniform. The skins took the look from the mods which went new wave and started wearing pleats galore. I have even seen skinheads with laurel leaf tattoos. The Sharps (skinheads against racial prejudice) in the 90's took the Fred Perry, braces and pegged jeans look and threw it back in the the racist skin's faces and we have them to thank for that! I have worn Fred Perrys for over 15 years, I love the fit. Up until about 5 years ago thay were about impossible to find here in the states, but now you can find them everywhere, which is a good thing indeed!

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Oct 7, 2005 at 10:29 PM

I just purchased this in black with red and white stripes (instead of the white, with blue and red stripes):

http://www.rawclothing.com/store/m4263white.html

I wore it last night to a casual party in Los Angeles, and it was the most complimented piece of clothing I’ve had in recent memory.

I was also suprised that a lot of people didn't recognize the brand. A lot of people thought it was Ralph Lauren. Isn't Fred Perry huge in America now?

John Smedley polos are great. I've never seen it in the states but i've seen them on ebay quite a bit. They can be a bit pricey but a lot of UK mods are wearing it in addition/instead of fred perry since it is less ubiquitous.

fred perry sizing is whack tho. back in mid/late 80s i used to wear M or L and nowadays i have to buy a S to get the same fit. they definitely arent cut slim like they used to be.

Quote:

I just purchased this in black with red and white stripes (instead of the white, with blue and red stripes):

http://www.rawclothing.com/store/m4263white.html

I wore it last night to a casual party in Los Angeles, and it was the most complimented piece of clothing I’ve had in recent memory.

I was also suprised that a lot of people didn't recognize the brand. A lot of people thought it was Ralph Lauren. Isn't Fred Perry huge in America now?

--- Original message by w_y on Oct 7, 2005 11:03 PM

That one looks really nice. Where'd you manage to find it?