For Sale: 3 Acne Mic, 1 deadstock

Acne Mic with red seams 27/34

Acne, originally a PR company, started making jeans in 1997 for promotional purposes. At first only a 100 were made, but I believe that there were reissueses later on because of high demand. These may or may not have been made in 97, I don't know myself. What I do know is that they are veeery hard to find even in Sweden, especially in new condition and in good sizes, I don't think it's even possible anymore(I've tried). They're not made anymore and you probably wont ever see someone wearing these. I've seen these worn by one person in 199X and by one other person this year.

They have only been tried on and never worn because they are too small for me. Raw denim!

Label says they may shrink 5% when washed. If you only soak them, they probably wont shrink at all.

Actual waist: ~69cm/27.17 inches (I can stretch them to 71cm/28inches right now, by hand, and they should be able to stretch 2cm more if needed)

Rise: ~23cm/9 inches

micred1.JPG

micred2.JPG

micred3.JPG

micred4.JPG

micred5.JPG

I was going to create a denim collection with these and put up on the wall but I need money so if you give me a good price, they're yours.

THESE WILL BE SHIPPED FROM SWEDEN, I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH SHIPPING IS BUT IM GUESSTIMATING $15-30 TO USA. IF YOURE GENUINELY INTERESTED, ASK ME AND I WILL GO AND FIND OUT FOR YOU.

Other questions? Shoot.

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 5, 2005 at 10:43 AM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 5, 2005 at 12:31 PM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Nov 19, 2005 at 10:04 AM

Quote:

Cool. It's kinda late now, but if there isnt a higher bid tomorrow morning, they're yours.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 5, 2005 04:28 PM

Hm, trying to figure out if these would be too big in the waist for me... I wear 29 in APC New Standard, 30 in Nudie... I would want them to fit slim... what do you think?

ask a cassowary

Quote:

Cool. It's kinda late now, but if there isnt a higher bid tomorrow morning, they're yours.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 5, 2005 04:28 PM

bid? i guess i didn't think people went for auctions on this site outside of ebay, but I'll wait til the morning and see how it goes.

Tangerine: Your New Standards and Nudies should be approximately a 31" true to size waist after stretching assuming they're dry. Not sure if that helps or not, I wear a 31 new standard, 32 Nudie.

Edited by verb on Oct 5, 2005 at 05:34 PM

Quote:

verb, it sounds like the Acnes would be too big in the waist for me. I'm going to measure my jeans when I get home, and will see what hjj says.

I won't "bid" unless it seems they would fit me, in which case they would be too tight on you. But I think it sounds like they'll fit you better.

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 5, 2005 06:08 PM

I tried on some Acne's in Chicago and the 30/34 were the ones that fit best, so I'm a bit worried they'll be too baggy on you especially since you like your jeans tight but let me know how the measuring turns out.

Edited by verb on Oct 5, 2005 at 10:43 PM

verb, I did some measuring and I think the Acnes would be too loose in the waist for me, so as far as I'm concerned, they're yours. Thanks for your help, your estimates were pretty close.

If you do get them and find them too tight in the waist, I would probably be interested in taking them off your hands.

ask a cassowary

Okay, no problem.

tangeringe: I wear a 27(31.5waist) in new standards and they're a bit big for me but not extremely, perhaps one size.

btw, sorry about the bidding part, I'm not aware of how things are usually done here :) Anyway, if anyone gives $65 + shipping I'll end it there.

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 6, 2005 at 01:42 AM

in most moderns cuts like acne, cheap monday, julian red and so on I buy a 28-29 waist, but a LVC 1947 I'd get in size 30 because they're true to size and then have them stretch on me.

it's kind of hard to say what size I buy generally because an "inch" is rarely an inch when it comes to jeans, but if I was to try on a pair of jeans that I'd never tried before I would try a 28 or 29 first.

Anyway, you do have the measurements :) Oh, btw, I had the waist band lined up when measuring the waist, instead of the front hanging down like they usually do if you just lay them on the floor.

tally-hoo

• 1 month later...

I really like the ones with the red seams in the pictures (27/34) and would not hesistate to pay $100 for them if I knew that they would fit me.

I "wear" (I bought them last week and haven't worn them yet) a 26 in APC New Standards but a 25 would probably be perfect. My actual waist (where I wear my pants measures 30"). Do you think that these can strech out that much? How much too tight are they are you?

Also, I read that your 27 New Standards are a bit too loose for you. Do you think you might be interested in doing a trade (My 26 New Standards for your 27 jeans with red seams)?

Would you mind providing the thigh and leg opening measurements?

Edited by 134 on Nov 19, 2005 at 12:33 PM

Quote:

I really like the ones with the red seams in the pictures (27/34) and would not hesistate to pay $100 for them if I knew that they would fit me.

I "wear" (I bought them last week and haven't worn them yet) a 26 in APC New Standards but a 25 would probably be perfect. My actual waist (where I wear my pants measures 30"). Do you think that these can strech out that much? How much too tight are they are you?

Also, I read that your 27 New Standards are a bit too loose for you. Do you think you might be interested in doing a trade (My 26 New Standards for your 27 jeans with red seams)?

Would you mind providing the thigh and leg opening measurements?

Edited by 134 on Nov 19, 2005 at 12:33 PM

--- Original message by 134 on Nov 19, 2005 12:22 PM

Hi! I would actually say that these are the right size for you, as you know I wear a 27 in NS and I have a 31" waist(hips). w28 is a perfect snug fit for me after stretching in acne Mic, so this also tells me that they will probably fit you well, but I can't guarantee that as everyone is built slightly different.

About trading: if you had asked this earlier I would have done it, but I've worn my NS every day for 15 weeks now, so I'm getting a bit tired of them and already have some Eternals on my mind as my next pair of raw jeans.

The hem measures 20.5cm(my NS are 20cm I think). The thigh measure about 51cm right under the crotch, give or take a cm depending on at what angle I have the tape measure at.

I would have these tapered from the leg down as I don't like straight legs. The outseam is easy or cheap to change, I pay about 10 Euros to have it done.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Nov 19, 2005 at 01:31 PM

Quote:

the red seam acnes are awesome, but here's the deal.

I can wear a 27 in nudie slim jim drys, but they are fairly tight and crotch room is lacking.

How does that compare to the mic? is it a higher rise ?

--- Original message by chim on Nov 19, 2005 12:36 PM

I'm not sure, my Nudie knowledge is actually quite bad. I think though that the SJ's are advertised as a very low rise and that the Mic is only supposed to be a low or mid rise, whereas Max is Acne's

very low rise jeans. To sum it up, I would guess these have a slightly higher rise. Take a tape measure to your Nudies and you'll know, I posted what the rise on these are :) ( ~23cm/9 inches )

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Nov 19, 2005 at 01:28 PM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay, I managed to get a hold of a pair that fits me, but now I decided maybe they're not for me as I'm buying another pair of raw jeans.

So, I have a pair of 28/34s for sale also. The waist measures about 78cm.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 10, 2006 at 07:47 AM