So, what polos after tiring of Lacoste?

Justusfew

Tanning? Looking like a fucking goon like the owner?

Ralph's polos fit me really well, so I've stuck with them. FP ones are very, very nice, but as mentioned, find MIE ones, not MIP. The AA ones really aren't that bad; obviously they're cheap, but they hold up decently under washes, and the fit is good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've done my time with Lacoste polos and, while nice and colorful, they don't hold up too well after a wash (they widen something horrible). I've also been doing the polos by Polo since like junior high, so I'm somewhat ready for some variety (even though I love their custom fit polos, but their color schemes have been atrocious lately).

So, where do I go from here? I'm really not looking to go up any further in price. I remember the days when I thought it was insane for anyone to spend more than $50 on a shirt.

So, what do you guys recommend. I've heard some things about Penguin (although I don't care too much for their vintage look) and Fred Perry (I'm not sure where they are sold).

But, are there any other brands that I should check out? Preferably ones that can be easily purchased in-store rather than via th internet?

Thank you.

I have a number of lacoste polo shirts and they don't go streching like mad. Maybe you're not caring for them properly. I get mine hand washed and hang dry everything's all right....

But If you want to switch. Fred Perry is great!

GET junya X LACOSTE.

the only downside is that they are like 350 dollars a pop

i have one (deconstucted + studs)

it's gud

I stick with J. Crew polos because they don't have any branding on them.

That or Fred Perry.

Abercrombie/Hollister/AmEagle/etc. is really only suitable for high school.

GET junya X LACOSTE.

the only downside is that they are like 350 dollars a pop

i have one (deconstucted + studs)

it's gud

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be spending $350 on a polo shirt just yet. I'd love to "feel" one of these, though, to see if it gives me that "I'm worth $350" effect.

Any pics of your shirt, though?

AF is solid if you want to promote your love for kayaking, summer camp, or whatever else lameass activities they stick on their shirts

And what the fuck do you do?

Smoke?

No wonder you ain't got shit on your shirt.

on a serious note has anyone tried the jcrew slim fit polos?

also RL Custom fits are pretty much the only polos i go for nowadays

I've looked at the J Crew polos at the outlet store in my area, and they're cool, but I'm somewhat averse to the whole washed out look. The only two brands that I've seen that did the washed out, vintage look well was some of the new Lacoste vintage polos (I'm not sure that's the exact name of the line) and a Penguin shirt I saw recently.

I also don't like their symbol. It's of a guy holding a long rowing oar. Kind of corny.

I'm with you all the way with the RL Custom fits.

american eagle and abercrombie make very nice polos. some nice details on some of them too, like frayed edges and the like. the fit is nice and slim too, and they last me forever

I would want to say the same exact thing as conan in this situation

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday I stopped in Abercrombie for the first time in 5 years.

AWESOME

they had some great polos, like unlimited styles. I got a green one with white stripes. a white one with green stripes. a plain white one with a green moose. a plain black one with a pink moose (this was from the girl's side, don't tell). the only problem is apparently I got fat. I used to wear a Small but had to get the large in muscle-jock fit. I only spent $300, also got some destroyed bootcut-slim jeans. if anyone needs some moar polos, there's a huge A+F on 5th ave in NYC as well as in many select malls across America. God bless the U.S.A.