Interview at American Apparel...

I have an interview at American Apparel in a few hours and I need a bit of advise.

Normally for an interview I would dress business professional or casual, but for this place it seems more lax and thus I'd rather dress casual considering the atmosphere there....

Anyone work there and could give advise on how to dress for the interview?

I'm only asking really because when I emailed the manager she kind of confused me with her response. And on the web site they want to see pictures of your personal style and since I skipped that step I'd assume they'd want to see it in person.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

its always a safe bet to "dress to impress"

try assembling your outfit for a sophisticated clean cut look. add in some hipster elements if you'd like. remember, its how you come across with your talking and attitude.

make sure you have the confidence of letting them know you are trustworthy and reliable. have a bright and happy attitude and im sure you'll shine and snag the job.

go wiht the flow and ask questions if you'd like to show genuine interest in getting the job/position. (shaking hands is imperative, dont be shy to exude confidence in yourself!)

best of luck

They kind of fit better with slip ons and the stacking looks less wild since I washed them.

n657824622_890245_4745.jpg

I guess I could wear leather shoes if I could find mine....I think everything I have is in storage since I dorm for school....I can't really get to the storage place in time :\

But thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated.

got any leather shoes?

i find that most job interviewers like it when you dress above the bar. its the clothes that bridges who you are + what you're like. its quite true when they say a person sums you up in a matter of minutes. make those minutes count.

so that means its part-time / working on the floor and folding clothes and putting things back right??

hows your outfit coming along?

if you dont have what you want, dont sweat it! just take it easy and work with what you have.

i dont think a tie is necessary for this kinda job

I'm only asking really because when I emailed the manager she kind of confused me with her response. And on the web site they want to see pictures of your personal style and since I skipped that step I'd assume they'd want to see it in person.

they'll ask for pictures after the interview, if it goes well.

p.s. don't wear too much/any AA, they look for people with a sense of style. individuality etc outside of AA. Just look "cool".

maybe take some pictures from your WAYWT collection

and just tell your interviewer since you "skipped" that step about personal pictures you brought them along to save time or something.

i think it'd be a nice thing to do, shows that your on top of things and it seems a bit resume-like.

I wont be wearing any AA stuff.

So far I came to the decision to wear the button down everyone saw above.

For jeans I'll be wearing these...(since all my slacks are in storage as well)

IMG_5850.jpg

and for shoes, LUCKILY my dad has a pair of 9 west shoes that fit me. I'll be wearing those.

Last minute opinions of outfit before I head off? Thanks for all the help guys! Pos rep party when I get back.

What the fuck is this thread about? You're applying to fold clothes at a hipster store. Just wear a decently cool looking outfit. Don't wear slacks, leather shoes and a dress shirt unless you're gonna hipster it up a bit. I'd just wear my normal wardrobe. I don't remember any of your waywts to know if you should just do that though. The fits you posted are pretty boring/standard but i guess if shit fits ok you'll be alright. Don't worry too much about it. The AA sales associates are usually semi-stuck up hipsters, not insecure slacks/tie types so just fit the bill.

tinfoil headband and a bloody nose should get you the job. lose about 70 lbs or at least tell them youd be willing to not eat for the duration of your employment. then tell me which location your at so i can come rack clothes for my friends dogs.

good luck.

It went well...I think? Thanks for the support.

Chrono - You are right about the employees, but I made this post in an attempt to get some sufu advise....I had different opinions from my closest friends, so I decided to just ask here.

The tinfoil headband was killing my face. But I got into a fight before the interview so the bloody nose looks mad fresh and ripe.

On a side note. my dad said I looked like a gay cowboy when I left the house. Kind of killed me deep down.

I've never hesitated to actually ask the HR rep what the interview dress code is. Different places are looking for different things. If they say, whatever you want, I would feel better wearing jeans. (I would still try to look extra crisp though) If they say business casual, then you'd know to tuck in a BD with some slacks at least.

EDIT: I've never been turned down for a job either. So I don't think it matters if you ask.