What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

i really enjoyed the first couple albums. how does this one compare?

I am disappointed with the first main disc. I haven't listened to it much, but on initial listens the disc sounds like a Prefuse album, but is nowhere near as strong as Extinguisher. The second disc is more interesting in that it is less Prefuse-sounding. It is orchestral and largely devoid of Herren's cutting and sampling. You might want to "sample" the album before putting money down on it.

I am disappointed with the first main disc. I haven't listened to it much, but on initial listens the disc sounds like a Prefuse album, but is nowhere near as strong as Extinguisher. The second disc is more interesting in that it is less Prefuse-sounding. It is orchestral and largely devoid of Herren's cutting and sampling. You might want to "sample" the album before putting money down on it.

thanks. i've been out of this game. anything new/worthwhile from:

Savath & Savalas, Delarosa and Asora and Piano Overlord?

Missed that. I kinda stopped going to Warp, but you can't underestimate the impact they have on the electronic music scene ...

Last Savath and Savalas I bought was manana, which was OK ... Nott as great as the earlier albums and it showed maybe, when He split with Eva Puyeulo Muns shortky afterwards? I dunno.

There was a Savath & Savalas album that came out in summer called Golden Pollen but I never picked it up. Anyone hear it?

pretty mediocre, with all those aliases he's stretched a bit thin maybe and quality suffers

listening to Burial - Untrue didn't like first record much but this has really won me over

inspired by the discussion going on between ordo, j, and sybaritical.

prefuse's side project with his baby's mama. i heart her vox though it can be a bit repetitive.

singular_27122006_top.jpg

what is this? i can't read it.

ordo....new prefuse is good, but none of his records have anything on 'one word extinguisher' imo. here's hoping for another australian tour soon, he was amazing on the 'one word' tour.

homme homme....you gonna check out thievery corp on the good vibes tour in feb? should be pretty good, very excited to see pharoahe monch, high contrast and james zabiela too.

jmatsu - fort knox 5 are great, theyve been brilliant both times theyve been to perth. ill have to check out those mentors records, they look hilarious

hommes, this made me listen to this again:

CS132487-01A-BIG.jpg

you like fortknox 5??

Yeah i actually prefer fortknox5 to Thievery. I saw fk5 a couple of years ago and they were great - for some reason i cant get into thievery as much - im listening to them today trying to decide if i should get tix to a festival they are playing at in syd - lineup is a little dull.

homme homme....you gonna check out thievery corp on the good vibes tour in feb? should be pretty good, very excited to see pharoahe monch, high contrast and james zabiela too.

I dont know if im going to do good vibes - trying to decide. The last one was great but i'm just not feeling the line up this yr. I am interested in seeing Cypress Hill, Calvin Harris, Sinden and thievery.

currently...

ben ufo b2b elgato - live on ruffage sessions on sub fm 011107.......some awesome vibes on this one, garage/2 step, nu jazz, dubstep, grime....

earlier...

peverelist - dub war podcast 02 november 2007

toots and the maytals - anthology 1964 - 2000

heliocentrics - out there

trentemøller - the last resort

Yeah i actually prefer fortknox5 to Thievery. I saw fk5 a couple of years ago and they were great - for some reason i cant get into thievery as much - im listening to them today trying to decide if i should get tix to a festival they are playing at in syd - lineup is a little dull.

the prob with thievery is that they have steadily been losing the kitsch lounge appeal and have been sounding crazy world/ambient, in my opinion.

anyway their live show is pretty good. they play some decent shit, but shit that's much too common for breakbeats, lounge, latin, downtemp, etc. a long time ago when i saw them spin, i could have sworn they were just mixing their exact same mix that was released on their k7 dj kicks comp.

thank you. now i know what to play when i make you dinner.

that reminds me of this one time when my old boyfriend invited me over for dinner for the first time. he had a pretty good playlist that consisted of ambient / trip hop / jazznova tunes, very sensual and romantic. then couple of hours later when that playlist ended, every square inch of the room was blasted with RKL. that was the first night we had sex, and it was good.

that reminds me of this one time when my old boyfriend invited me over for dinner for the first time. he had a pretty good playlist that consisted of ambient / trip hop / jazznova tunes, very sensual and romantic. then couple of hours later when that playlist ended, every square inch of the room was blasted with RKL. that was the first night we had sex, and it was good.

which is better for setting the sensual mood? contemporary shit like downtempo/latin breakbeats, neo lounge/bossa or old school "lounge?"

most of jazznova's shit is dope, but makes me wanna dance.

Guest supernoob

he listens to NARDCORE??? nardcore is so gay. i hate aesop rock, mc lars, and kool moe dee. all of those stupid NARDCORE rappers can die.

which is better for setting the sensual mood? contemporary shit like downtempo/latin breakbeats, neo lounge/bossa or old school "lounge?"

most of jazznova's shit is dope, but makes me wanna dance.

this guy and i related through electro stuff, so just hearing us steal play on his stereo was an instant 'steal' for me.

personally i like old soul and such when setting the mood. i think i have been conquered by betty lavette, jackie mittoo, willie bobo, and even kid thomas. but then again i am the kind of gal who fell in love with a guy who played whole wide world by wreckless eric for me, so who knows. i like cheese.

he listens to NARDCORE??? nardcore is so gay. i hate aesop rock, mc lars, and kool moe dee. all of those stupid NARDCORE rappers can die.

nardcore is not gay. i am talking about mystic records nardcore though? how do you say no to RKL, scared straight, and dr know? :confused::D

Guest supernoob

who r they? nardcore is like rappers who r nerds n have all these fans on the innernet who r not in hip hop culture but r just suburban witeyz 2 skared 2 go 2 conecrt 4 fear of get shot.

who r they? nardcore is like rappers who r nerds n have all these fans on the innernet who r not in hip hop culture but r just suburban witeyz 2 skared 2 go 2 conecrt 4 fear of get shot.

naw they are far from hip hop. this should end this confusion.